FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Scopely is seeking a Senior Manager of QA & Deployment to lead an ambitious, multi-faceted and continuously growing QA and Deployment Program across Scopely’s portfolio of titles. The successful candidate will own the execution of all QA, localization, build distribution and submissions related processes for the assigned product portfolio as well as their own assigned project.
The Sr Manager of QA & Deployment will report to the Director of QA & Deployment and will assist in test planning, budgeting, hiring, and team mentorship of staff as well as coordinating test efforts with the external developers and outsourced test teams. You will collaborate and coordinate with peers and senior management to ensure operations are aligned with the departmental mission, values, and long-term strategic goals as well as ensuring continued service improvements are implemented throughout the world on behalf of Scopely QA & D.
- Lead an ambitious and continuously growing Mobile QA & Deployment Program involving multiple disciplines, including Functionality QA, Dev QA, Localization, Localization QA, Build Distribution and Submissions.
- Manage and provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for multiple QA & Deployment Project Owners, each of which are responsible for their own specific projects; support the growth of the discipline, leading to higher value individual contributors.
- Take ownership of and successfully drive the QA & Deployment functions of a current project within the Scopely slate overseeing QA, Localization, and submission functions
- Build successful working relationships with external developer counterparts
- Establish and maintain strong communication with cross-functional teams across all disciplines for both internal and external development, QA and Localization partners.
- Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA & Deployment effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies.
- Be the internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA & Deployment. Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
- Contribute directly to performance evaluations of individuals and teams, compiling objective feedback that is channeled toward both personal and process improvement.
- Establish best practices for DPM communication working remotely and independently from their assigned production teams.
- Establish efficient and effective methods of reporting and communicating between distributed teams for all functions associated to the role.
- Responsible for process Improvement; ownership of defining new processes and refining old processes.
- 8 + years quality assurance professional, including minimum 3 years mobile specific QA experience
- 5 + years management experience in leading a team and managing managers through a full game cycle, ideally Mobile Freemium/F2P for iOS and Android.
- Experience in building a QA organization that is responsible for end-to-end validation for a critical system or application
- Deep understanding of Dev QA and external testing strategies
- Experience in working with remote teams and working with a cross functional team that is distributed around the globe.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication, planning, implementation, project/ people management, time management, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask under pressure of hard deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software testing, software QA processes, software development processes, change management and process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience managing bug defect solution & creating test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to influence those not directly in your reporting structure, working to develop and maintain strong, effective relationships across the organization.
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Proficient with setting up and navigating through JIRA, Google Docs, Google Sheets/Excel, and a build distribution management system (HockeyApp preferred).
- Localization, LQA, build distribution and submissions experience highly desirable.
Scopely company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.