We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer that will be able to design and develop the next iteration of our QA practice, thus ensuring an optimal user experience for our users.
As a QA Engineer at Returnly, you will be responsible for helping our team consistently deliver software of the highest quality. You will work closely with our quickly growing team of engineers and product managers to develop and automate test strategies for a variety of new features including our web interface, APIs, and platform integrations.
Engineers at Returnly write tests as part of the development process. You will focus on writing full integrations tests and developing automation frameworks .
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build automated
- Act as quality owner for all Returnly products, integrations, and services
- Design, develop, and execute manual and automated test plans
- Maintain test environments with test data
- Document product features and test cases against those features and maintain a test library
- Analyze test results and failures
- Report and track software defects
- Influence product specifications and requirements
- Work effectively with product and engineering teams
- Work to define and build the QA process at Returnly
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes
- Challenge existing practices in order to make them even better
- Awe your team by uncovering and preventing corner case defects
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years of web app or mobile app testing experience
- Thorough understanding of testing methodologies and practices
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes, simply and concisely
- Fast learner, self-motivated team player who loves collaboration
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent shifts in areas of focus
- Able to work independently or under supervision and take initiative to solve problems and challenges
- Strong knowledge of automated test script and tool/utility development
- Proficiency with databases and writing SQL queries for data verification
- Experience testing REST APIs
- Bug tracking software experience
- Familiarity with testing frameworks in Ruby and Java is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps, continuous integration, GitHub and Docker a plus
- Bachelors degree in Science/Engineering or related technical field
- Prior history of driving impact in a high-growth e-commerce / technology startup is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken
At Returnly we help merchants turn product returns into new revenue streams. We are a Silicon Valley startup and we have recently opened an office in downtown Madrid (near Alonso Martinez subway station). We’re are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products which make shoppers’ propensity to repurchase go through the roof. We’re backed by smart money VCs in Fintech and one of the most well-funded startups in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to de-risk online commerce and we’re building a team of amazingly talented people to build the next generation of retail fintech products.
Returnly company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.