Liferay is looking for a Senior QA Engineer based in Spain to join our Liferay Online team, the Liferay solution on a SaaS modality as a free service, to make sure that the features will work in the acceptable quality and the solution works in a cross-feature / cross-environment based.
By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others.
We are a diverse, multicultural and open source software company with employees all over the world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees.
To fulfill our mission, our core values guide us in our greater-than-profit vision beyond building great web experiences for our enterprise customers:
Lead by Serving
Grow and Get Better
As an example, we give employees 5 paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year.
About the team
Liferay Online is a new team focused on offering Liferay solutions on a SaaS modality for free, in exchange for feedback, usage data and promotion. On the one hand, Liferay Online team builds new components to improve the user experience of Liferay solutions in SaaS. On the other hand, Liferay Online team works closely with the SaaS Infrastructure team, sharing feedback and issues, and promoting changes and improvements. Some of the team's challenges include working with SaaS environments, providing secure and maintainable containerized services, continuous upgrades in a multi-tenant architecture and other DevOps tasks.
To make sure that Liferay Online’s features work with the acceptable quality standards in a cross-feature / cross-environment scenario, we are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join the team. As other Liferay teams, Liferay Online is a multifunctional team where you will find backend developers, frontend developers, technical and product managers working following an agile methodology. You will also have the opportunity to work with other teams, in a multicultural and international environment.
These are some of the amazing people you will work with:
- Michael Saechang - He is our QA Director.
- Kristoffer Onias (KC) - He is our Global QA Manager.
- Manoel Cyreno - He is our EMEA QA Manager. He will be your Primary Leader and will support you in all that you need.
- Eduardo García - He is the manager of the Liferay Online team.
About the role
As the Senior QA of the team, your day by day will be composed by the following responsibilities:
- Perform functional manual and automated testing of Liferay DXP.
- Able to drive testing approach and execution for projects by collaborating with the Test Engineers, Project Managers, Developer Leads, and other product stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members to enable continuous testing and delivery.
- Develop, maintain, improve and communicate the testing strategy and status with the teams.
- Analyze existing product design and source code to identify needed testing and testability improvements.
- Coach Developers and Test Engineers on improving testability, test practice, and strategies.
- Report risk proactively and effectively to stakeholders as needed.
- Able to iterate and innovate upon existing testing tools and strategies.
- Contributions generally impact important components of the work of the team.
- Develop relevant KPIs and report on metrics.
- Standardize, improve, and communicate development and testing processes across the project and the QA guild.
- Write clear, concise, and thoroughly investigated defect reports.
- Perform root cause analysis research and effectively present findings to the cross-functional team.
- Work with Continuous Integration tooling and processes.
- You’re graduated in bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent level of knowledge
- You have experience developing automated tests (e.g. Webdriver, Cucumber, etc.) following maintainable design patterns (e.g. Page Object, etc.)
- You have strong practical knowledge of SCM/VCS’ (Git / Mercurial / SVN) and related experience working with Github based development
- You also have experience using Issue Management systems (e.g. JIRA, etc.)
- Ideally you’re used to test in a SaaS Environment
- You have Experience with Multi Tenancy
- You feel comfortable working in English
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 2 additional perks from of your own choice (Health Care Plan, Transport Card, Food Card...)
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- Remote-friendly environment
- Continuous learning and training: internal and external courses, a technical library, participation in national and international conferences, etc.
- International, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people
- Working at a leading open source company with an amazing community
- Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.