Senior QA Engineer, CMS in Barcelona or Remote
There are more than 300 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Brainly is the world’s largest online community, uniting students, parents, and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge. Every month we are proud to be home to 300 million users.
Besides delivering world-class educational products we’re a technology company at heart. We want to be the best educational platform in the world and are currently looking for a skilled QA Engineer to help us to build our product to deliver this vision.
We are creating an in-house CMS product to unify the content management experience for all internal Brainly teams. Within this project, you’ll be helping us to build a solution to scalably manage different content types within the Brainly knowledge database and help hundreds of experts prepare and manage learning materials for students. The work you do here will influence the learning experience of students all around the globe and we have great plans for its future development. Join us to make them happen.
Are you a proactive team player?
Are high attention to detail and quality your priorities?
Do you have a hunger for self-development and introducing automation tests over time?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHY THE PRODUCT TEAM AT BRAINLY?
- Transform the world of online education by developing products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe — your impact is immediate!
- Utilize the newest technology stack (Google Analytics 360, Google Optimize, Tableau, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) and scrum values to maximize your productivity and make work easier.
- Work with a self-sustainable, cross-functional team that has full ownership of the process and product.
- Contribute to a data-driven environment, experiment constantly, deliver fast and learn even faster.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Leading the process of the quality of the product team
- Collaborating with the cross-functional development team, QAs, and Delivery and Product Managers
- Executing and preparing test cases and test scenarios
- Executing risk-based planning (prioritizing) for testing activities
- Creating and gathering data for QA metrics to track achieving the core business KPIs
- Documenting and analyzing test results
- Submitting corresponding defects for developers
- Reporting and investigating issues/bugs found
- Contributing to the Test Automation process
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of professional experience as a QA Engineer
- Experience with performing and supervising functional, non-functional, and exploratory testing
- Experience providing training and support to quality teams/colleagues on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes based on Quality Assurance
- Experience with DevTools (or similar)
- Experience with tools supporting API testing (Postman, Fiddler)
- Understanding of the Scrum/Agile methodology
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Knowledge about best practices for test cases creation, maintenance, and execution
- An understanding of user acceptance methodologies including, black box testing, use cases, and user stories
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team working, analytical thinking, problem-solving
- Self-organization skills, the ability to make your own decisions, and take ownership of developed solutions
- Fluency in English
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience working with multiple teams
- Experience with or willingness to learn test automation and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of tools for project/test management (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr, TestRail, Xray)
- AWS hands-on experience
- Familiarity with ISTQB concepts
- Familiarity with BDD and/or TDD concepts
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 300 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.