We are seeking a senior QA based in Madrid (Spain). She or he will become part of an integrated and agile team, working directly with Product Owners and UX/UI, Frontend, Backend and Engineering experts.
The candidate will be responsible for
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and Engineering to define test plans, test cases, and acceptance criteria.
- Perform manual QA
- Contribute to iteratively improving the automated and manual QA processes, tools, and infrastructure.
- Work with Product and Engineering to define manual and automated test standards.
- Work closely within the Front and Backend Development Teams.
- Help maintain documentation (i.e. user role permissions, list of tests, etc.).
- Report bugs in JIRA.
- Contribute to triage of bug tickets
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of working in an agile software development environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Troubleshoot complex issues to provide detailed and repeatable steps to replicate.
- Experience of software development.
- Use of version control.
- Continuous integration and issue tracking tools such JIRA.
What we offer
- Work on a unique product where you can see the result of your work materialize in every new release.
- We work with the latest React and Java versions (Java 17 coming soon!), Cloud environments (AWS) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Leverage SonarCloud, Veracode, Cucumber, Selenium, Cypress, JUnit 5, Mockito and other tools to ensure the quality of new and existing developments
- You choose: position fully remote (based in Spain) or hybrid working model (able to combine working from home and from our office in Madrid city center).
- Great teamwork working side by side with an incredibly talented workforce willing to share its knowledge and expertise.
- Career development according to your aspirations and interests. We support our employees with continuous training. You'll get to work together with your manager on definig your career path (focused on technology, team management, and many other possibilities).
- Opportunity to develop yourself and to be part of a fast-growing startup. You'll have a direct impact on our way of working and decisions made in the business.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Work-life balance and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. We work with humans. Happy humans.
- Your work will be meaningful and have a direct impact on the planet. Together we shape the future of renewables.
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.