We are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our engineering team and work on our core libraries that fuel the engine behind our different products.
As a Senior Python Developer, you will be working closely with the CTO and engineering leaders to architect solutions and guide the other Software developers. You will be working at the intersection of server side architecture and Data Science, integrating Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing models into our Web platform.
Your day-to-day will be split between writing beautiful, idiomatic Python 3.7+ code, reviewing pull requests from other team members, and solving challenging problems, contributing with your experience in software design and architecture.
The workplace favours having free-form discussions, having space for making your own decisions, and focusing on continuous improvement and high quality delivery.
When? As soon as possible
Where? London, UK / Valencia, Spain/ Remote
Salary: Competitive (base salary plus performance-based bonus)
- Deep knowledge of Python (at least 5 years demonstrable experience, ability to write reusable, idiomatic Python code)
- Demonstrable experience on server-side development
- A good understanding of client to server communication protocols, including HTTP(S) and WebSockets
- Ability to express complex ideas in written and spoken English is crucial for this position
- Capable of working independently without significant supervision
- Experience with working in a distributed team and excellence in all forms of clear communication
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Prior experience with MongoDB
- Understanding of cloud platform(s), preferably AWS
- Experience with making independent decisions on architecture
- Likes tinkering with any technology
- Compensation based upon experience
- Access to SafariOnline training and ebooks
- A dynamic and international work environment
- Flexible working hours so you can balance your professional and personal life
- 22 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- Subsidised lunch +Free snacks in the office
- For this position remote work with an occasional visit to either office is also possible
- Equal opportunity employer