We are looking for a Senior Python Developer who can work on the productization, deployment, and maintenance of machine learning algorithms (e.g. computer vision, NLP, recommendations systems) to join our team.
We are a diverse team of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, machine learning engineers and product owners from over 30 different countries. We are smart and fast moving, operating in small teams, with freedom for independent work and fast decision making.
- Work in a team of machine learning engineers responsible for the productization of models developed by data scientists.
- Collaborate with data scientists, software engineers and data engineers to design scalable state-of-the-art infrastructure to serve machine learning models in production.
- Research and adopt the best MLOps standards to design and develop scalable end-to-end machine learning pipelines.
- Identify opportunities for machine learning process automation.
- Establish and enforce best practices (e.g. in development, quality assurance, optimization, release, and monitoring).
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Proven experience in software engineering
- Solid understanding of software development best practices
- Extensive experience in Python
- Experience writing production-grade code and maintaining production-grade web services
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Experience with containerization technology (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with a Cloud Platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Great communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and organizational skills
Nice To Have
- Experience in machine Learning model training, optimization and deployment
- Competitive salary.
- Participation in Frontiers annual bonus scheme
- 25 leave days + 4 well-being days (pro rata and expiring each year on 31st of December)
- Great work-life balance.
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
How to apply
Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) in English.
Who we are
Frontiers is an academic publisher with headquarters in Lausanne Switzerland and offices in 7 countries, employing over 700 people. In the last two years, Frontiers has grown 50% yearly, thus becoming the second largest open-access publisher in the world. Frontiers has massively invested in data acquisition and modeling, leading to the deployment of sophisticated data products to accelerate further its business.