BlockEx is a Digital Asset eXchange Platform (DAXP) – built for creation, issuance and exchange of digital assets. It’s the world’s first true HFT capable exchange for next generation financial assets built using Blockchain technology.
BlockEx also offers custom Blockchain solutions and digital asset creation for governments, regulators and FIs. BlockEx works with trading firms, financial institutions and governments providing managed services for its tool kits and bespoke blockchain implementations.
We are looking for a Senior Python Web Developer to take on leading
role and help shaping the architecture of backend systems and API
microservices. Your primary focus will be the establishing standards for
backends development, contributing to system architecture definition,
development of backend systems of different levels, ensuring high
performance and responsiveness, understanding and maintaining the
end-to-end software delivery.
You will be required to participate in interviews and will have a say in shaping the backend and other teams to work with you. You will also be required to provide input and and interact with the front-end, DevOps, security and business stakeholders.
- Defining the low level backend architecture
- Contribute to high level system architecture
- Set high standards in code quality, attitude and practices
- Help hire and shape the backend team that you will lead
- Create reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and perform applications
- Integrate with various user-facing and internal subsystems developed by other parts of the team
- Provide input into security and data protection approaches and practices
Current technology stack
- Flask, sqlalchemy, alembic, pytest
- Docker, gunicorn, wsgi
- Postgres, VoltDB
- YAML, jinja2, JSON
- REST, WebSockets, JWT
- Azure, AWS, GCE
- HTTP, TCP
- Git, Bitbucket, Git Flow
What we offer
- Share incentive scheme
- Health Insurance
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Plus, many more
This position is full time and based in our head office in London.
If you’re passionate about Python, delivering high level technical products and want a voice in the next ground-breaking multi-billion-dollar product, then this could be the ideal role for you.
About Block Ex