- Who we are: We are a workforce on-demand company that heavily relies on tech. We integrate the complete process of selecting, hiring and managing employees, being the first in digitizing all the steps, introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
- Our Impact on Society: Our vision is to create a long-term job security condition for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimizing–or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
- Data-Driven: Being the owner of the entire hiring funnel, workforce management, and working experience, give us very unique data that we transform in powerful knowledge to make better decisions, improve job-candidate matches, estimate quality and affinity, and share performance feedback with our workers and clients. We are the most advanced workforce on-demand company thanks to our data and the way we use it.
- Great Challenges for the Data Team: Integrating very different AI solutions to improve the experience for both our workers and employers (Shift Optimization, Machine Learning algorithms, Quality Score Estimations, Document recognition, etc.), relying on a very powerful ETL that permits endless automatizations while keeping the focus on data quality.
- Growth Overview: An annual growth of 170%, available in multiple countries: the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia, France, and more are coming. HQ in Madrid with a second big presence in Barcelona and some remote workers in the UK, The Netherlands, and the USA. And finally, some of our great clients are Amazon, XPOLogistics, Cabify, Santander, Just Eat, etc.
Senior Python Developer
Be the Owner of our ETL and data pipeline codes.
We use Airflow as our ETL, a very powerful Python framework that allows us to break down any complex problem/process into smaller ones. Each component can be implemented directly in Python, or in any other language since they could be docker images executed in ECS instances.
Overall, we can resume the main responsibilities as follow:
- Design and implement the data processing codes within our powerful ETL.
- Raise the level of our good practices, code structure, cleaning, and testing.
- Improve the performance of our ETL codes with high-quality implementations.
- Automate external integrations with our Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Automate complex solutions that might require to train, build, and deploy a series of Machine Learning algorithms.
You will be working in the Data Science team (read the last blog posts), together with Full-stack Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
Ideally, we are looking for a senior profile that is also interesting in:
- Supervising mid- and junior- Python/Data Engineer: given the great impact of our ETL to the entire company, we want to grow a team dedicated to it, capable of improving, maintaining, and boosting it even further.
- Sharing her/his knowledge inside and outside Jobandtalent, raising the quality standards of the entire team with the aim of growing together.
- Contributing to Open Source projects: we are using different Open Source frameworks and libraries, and one of our wishes would be to contribute to some of those projects, dedicating part of our time when possible.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Stats or Quantitative field.
- 4+ years of proven experience programming in Python.
- Experience with
- Different kinds of databases (e.g., RDBMS, NoSQL, Big-data frameworks).
- Container development with Docker or Kubernetes.
- The leadership of projects, services or products.
- Extremely skilled programmer (e.g., unittest, production/staging experience).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- (Nice to have) Previous experience with
- ETL, data pre-processing, or data analysis.
- Supervising junior and mid-level developers.
- Stream processing framework (e.g., RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark, Flink).
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
- Fluent in English is a must.
Offer in Short
- Ownership of projects with direct impact on the product.
- Salary in the 50-60k range (wide range, depending on experience).
- Transparent Equity package.
- Discount on Health insurance.
- A yearly budget for Conferences/meetup/self-learning.
Join us in one of the hottest startups in Spain, breaking into a new market worldwide, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!