FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Senior Project Manager will design the way their assigned projects are managed, control the projects’ cost center and create teams that focus on ensuring the quality of the service, with a positive attitude, while meeting the client’s quality, cost and service requirements.
- Responsible for the design and monitoring of the entire project, from pre-production to client delivery, ensuring its correct execution. Sets the work guidelines for the entire project. To do this, conducts an in-depth analysis of the documentation to be worked on and prepares or delegates the project’s pre-production to ensure the quality of the service and minimise revision and supervision work. Properly records all the relevant instructions for the production team in the job’s Pre-production folders and the TMS Patracol, as appropriate.
- Enters the project design into the TMS (Translation Management System). This task can be delegated to the Project Manager Assistant.
- Calls and leads internal project launch meetings whenever necessary. Attends any client visits that may be scheduled regarding the project. Attends their team’s daily production monitoring meetings. These are led by their direct manager, the Lead Project Manager.
- Takes responsibility for the correct final project delivery, both in terms of punctuality and compliance with the quality requirements set for the project.
- Responsible for closing the project on the TMS and duly completing the necessary data to enable external vendor purchase orders to be sent.
- Works with the Operations Director and other team members to improve processes.
- Client complaints: leads the resolution of any quality issues identified by the client in a calm, friendly manner with the aim of achieving client satisfaction.
- Post-production control: manages any changes sent by the client and is responsible for keeping all customer-specific information resources up-to-date, with the help of the Quality Controllers if necessary.
- Controls the project budget and improves on the gross profit margin initially set.
- Decides on the production team to suit the project’s characteristics and establishes the flow of communication and negotiation with all participants. Tasks will be assigned according to UNE 15038 Quality Standard for Translation Services, taking care that the linguistic profile of the participants in the project match the subject matter, skills, technical tools and other competency requirements needed to execute the project with a guarantee of quality.
- Gives feedback to the whole project team and notifies the Quality Manager of any internal or external nonconformity.
- Complaints to the vendor: sends complaints to the vendor if there is a problem with the quality of the service (lack of punctuality, does not follow the instructions given, etc.). In cases of nonconformity concerning the product’s quality, can delegate this task to the Quality Controllers.
- Manages resources (requests and validation) to increase the portfolio. Training and mentoring of interns in the production department.
- Education Level
- Master’s Degree OR Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the industry in lieu of Master’s Degree acceptable
- Proven track record of Project Management
- Experience working internationally or directly with international product development
- Experience in technology related company
- Proven Experience dealing with large clients.
- Proven track record of success at managing large accounts/projects
- Experience in authoring client documents such as SOW’s, proposals, processes and ‘post mortems’
- Proven track record of active participation in development of processes and ideas
- Proven track record of active participation in new client sales cycles, incl. presentations, analysis, recommendations and relationship development
- Experience in managing financial budgets, budget reconciliation and budget reporting
- Experience with Translation Management Systems, i.e. GlobalSight, Idiom World Server, SDL TMS, etc.
- Other relevant skills
- Energy and a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead large, diverse, virtual teams.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment
- Must be available to travel for work related commitments.
Welocalize company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.