Are you an experienced product owner who wants to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing start-up with a really enthusiastic team? Nice to meet you! MyParcel.com offers delivery management software for online merchants. We have the ambitious goal to become the most popular shipping platform worldwide. We’ve just launched our product in the UK and will be expanding in many more countries within the coming years.
You will play a key role contributing to the overall success of the
organisation by effectively managing our product. MyParcel.com wants to
build the best delivery management software, adapted to our customers’
needs. We want to stay ahead of our competitors by creating innovative
products, that make the lives of our customers easier and shipping more
cost-effective. The competitive market we operate in requires us to move
fast. This means efficient teamwork and good communication is
essential. As a product owner, you know how to achieve this in a team.
You will act as a liason between all commercial and technical aspects of the organization. You will work closely together with the software development and (UX) design team, as well as with our support, sales and marketing teams. But also with external stakeholders, of which the most important is our customer. You translate their needs into products, and these products into actionable engineering tasks. Your mission is to deliver value to the business and our customers, by translating qualitative and quantitative data into user stories with clear and well-structured functional requirements and acceptance criteria. Next to that, you make sure all relevant parties are informed and in line; you are responsible for meeting deadlines; and you lead the implementation of new products.
- Represent the customer: Understand, prioritize and define customer needs.
- Understand the business: Define a product roadmap that is in line with our mission and contributes to achieving our goals.
- Manage the projects: Plan, monitor, evaluate, deliver.
- Improve the process: Continuously look for ways to improvements in our way of working
- Achieve collaboration: Within the team, with other departments, managements, partners and external stakeholders.
Some of your tasks:
- Develop the short- and long-term product roadmap, in line with the mission of our company and our customer needs.
- Help propose and design new products/features that can deliver more value to customers and the company.
- Create user stories in a manner that translates business requirements into language understood by the scrum teams.
- Gather and organize technical insights related to bugs and potential new features from current and prospective customers
- Prioritize engineering efforts and ensure that appropriate Jira tickets are assigned and set into the development schedule; following up consistently to ensure execution.
- Monitor user story development through daily stand-ups, including virtual meetings with off shored development teams.
- Review and improve the scrum process continuously to improve output quality and productivity.
- Coordinate the documentation of product and new features and help deliver it to relevant teams and customers
- Advise product marketing on what to include in product descriptions, marketing, and sales collateral
In order to be successful, you need to:
• Be self-motivated, self-sufficient and a self-starter, which for us means you don’t wait and see but organize and schedule your own work and don’t need overhead support.
• Enjoy wearing multiple hats and being involved in all aspects of making the business successful
• Be pragmatic
• Have strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Results focused
• Humble and a strong service orientation
• Are very structured, organised and have an incredible attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• You’re tech-savy and have experience in working with software development teams.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience as a productowner, project manager, business analyst or product manager
• Minimum bachelor degree
• Work experience in a fast-moving (start-up) environment or other entrepreneurial activities is considered a plus.
What you can expect:
If you love a fast-paced environment, fast growth, and the potential to have a huge impact within a company, then you are going to love to work at MyParcel.com. This is a great opportunity to join a start-up in the early stages and be a part of its success. You'll be working in a varied job closely together with your colleagues of different departments (IT, service and management). You will be given a lot of individual responsibilities. And
• A nice office, with healthy lunch, good coffee and weekly drinks (and a game-room with a pool table)
• Full support for personal development and opportunities to grow
• A young and enthusiastic team
• A good salary and secondary working conditions.
• Competitive salary
• Working hours from Monday to Friday between 09.00 - 18.00
• 25 paid vacation days
• Commute coverage
• Free lunch, coffee and snacks
• Company provided Laptop.