Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017 (https://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bgr.in%2Fnews%2Fgoogle-io-2017-google-play-awards-winners-announced-memrise-crowned-the-best-app%2F) ” at Google I/O and featured prominently (https://workable.com/nr?l=https%3A%2F%2Fventurebeat.com%2F2018%2F06%2F04%2Fapples-core-ml-2-is-30-faster-cuts-ai-model-sizes-by-up-to-75%2F) this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us for 3-6 months, leading the creation of new in-app learning experiences and optimization of existing ones that help people learn the language’s core basics as fast as possible. This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team who are passionately committed to pushing the boundaries of what a language learning app can do.
Product at Memrise
The Product team at Memrise works in cross-functional squads, made of Designers, Developers and QA Analysts, led by a Product Manager. The squads are focused on a specific aspect of the product and people with different skill sets are working together to solve the same problem. Our squads are collaborative, innovative and small. Together, they test new ideas, launch and optimise new features and strive to give our users confidence in their language skills.
What will you be doing?
* Setting the product strategy and targets for the Learning Mission
* Developing hypotheses and designing experiments to drive user and business value
* Ensuring a strong backlog of high value work for the team to deliver on its goals
* Working closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure timely delivery
* Clearly communicating progress, strategy and plans to the team and the company as a whole
What you might have done in the past:
* A proven record driving successful outcomes on B2C mobile apps with millions of active users
* A deep understanding of mobile app engagement and retention dynamics
* A great understanding of agile best practices - how to continuously deliver value, in small increments
* A strong experience in data-driven development and designing and running experiments
* Experience working in a cross-functional development team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for:
* Experience working on learning products
* Interest in language learning
* Good understanding of modern mobile and web technologies
* Good understanding of Kanban principles
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Bi-weekly team lunch