We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead one of the most popular and essential capabilities: Dashboards. Dashboards provide customers quick and easy access to their data, enable deeper understanding through rich and flexible data visualizations, and help our over 17,000 customers manage and troubleshoot their systems every day.
In a typical day, you might talk to an engineer about an idea for performance improvements, a customer about a new use case and whiteboard a design with a user interface designer. Sound like fun? Great! We’re looking for an experienced leader who’s worked to successfully deliver features at scale. You know how to work with engineers, designers, and executives, and have a good sense of when to gather more data and when to make a decision and move forward. You’ve been a product manager and care deeply about solving our customers’ hardest problems.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. We’re much more likely to follow up with candidates who write us a cover letter that explains why you’ve got the experience, skills, and passion to execute on big bold projects.
- Product Strategy: Drive the product strategy for New Relic’s dashboard capabilities, informed by customer and market insights, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives/assets.
- Internal leadership: Use that product strategy to align, energize, and lead not only engineering and UX but also key stakeholders and cross-functional teams across the company. Communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives and actively work with the extended team to drive key trade-off decisions. Lead internal and external product promotion, customer education and support, and sales strategies. Actively engage and solve for business limiters within your control, and passionately pursue accelerants
- Planning: In collaboration with Engineering, define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap based on the product strategy and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources. Lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from requirements definition to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, Design, Support, and Marketing and Sales counterparts.
- Customer interactions: Proactively reach out to prospects and customers to learn more about the problems they are trying to solve, build good relationships, and inform product direction.
- Metrics and research: Establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions and work with others to gather key customer insights to inform optimization or new product development. Maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves. Deeply engage other parts of the team in this process.
- Positioning: Highlight the distinct competencies and propose messaging as part of product positioning. Stay up-to-date on the competitive strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Deeply engage other parts of the team in this process.
- User Experience: Meticulously think through every aspect of the overall customer experience, putting users' needs first in the definition of requirements. Continuously seek improvements to the customer experience working with the UX and Engineering team to better drive the business and/or key metrics.
- Product Champion: Serve as key spokesperson for the business, delivering clear, compelling communications up and across New Relic and outside the company to position your product for success and garner any support required to successfully execute the business. Actively support Go to Market and ongoing marketing activities in partnership with Product Marketing and the Sales team.
Skills and Experience:
- Several years of software product management experience
- Experience leading broad, cross-team initiatives
- Experience working on design-intensive or data-visualization products, such as dashboards, reporting or business intelligence products or features
- Experience working in medium-to-large software companies
- Experience working on or managing enterprise/business-to-business products
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence, patience and determination
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate to different audiences both verbally and in writing in English
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and track record of using data to drive decisions
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
About New Relic