Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
We are looking for an industry expert to shape both the new games and the live games business of Voodoo Casual. Working closely with internal and external game studios, you will oversee the whole portfolio of our casual games, supporting the products through their different development stages, from early development to live-game optimization.
Relying on your deep knowledge of the market and Free-to-Play business model, you will help Voodoo to shape a new generation of casual games from the driving seat.
- Help the game teams to define the long term vision and the high-level design direction of the product.
- Support the game teams to shape their product roadmap, channeling the hottest product & market trends into their planning & design process.
- Work with the Analytics team to improve our products LTV and marketability, making sure that the games hit their ambitious milestones throughout the entire playtest cycle.
- Research and explore innovative ways to combine IAP and Ads economy, working together with game and economy designers to constantly optimize our business model.
- Prepare the games for Soft & Global launch, defining & executing on the live ops strategy (e.g. Content, Events, Shop).
- Monitor the performance of our portfolio and support the central leadership team to forge the mid / long term strategy of the business unit.
What do we expect?
- 3-5 experience as a Product Manager in a mobile gaming Company. Experience with Ads monetisation is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the Free-to-Play business model: you have a solid knowledge of how the gaming business works, from conceptualization to scaling and live operations. You master game KPIs and know the product drivers that affect them.
- Extensive knowledge of the gaming industry and of casual games: you are always up to date with new product trends, including new game mechanics, live ops and content strategies.
- Entrepreneurial drive and agile problem solving: you will join a growing business unit of gaming professionals. You are comfortable exploring the unknown and you are always thinking & acting on new product opportunities.
- Strong project management & communication skills: you can successfully lead multiple projects across our products portfolio, preparing top notch documentation and sharing your knowledge with the other product leaders, senior management and other stakeholders across any level of the organization.
- Ambidextrous thinking and passion for our products: your contribution shines when you are put at the intersection of analytical and creative thinking. You are thrilled by the idea of developing the next generation of casual games with us.
What is your team about?
You will report directly to the Head of Product Performance. The Product Performance unit has the mission to:
- Provide the studio with actionable insights to optimize the performance of our new and live titles.
- Identify new product opportunities, working in concert with the Publishing and the Analytics team.
- Support the studio leadership to define and execute the long-term product strategy of the unit.
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive compensation package ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days ⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
We are offering all members of staff a flexible vacation policy, allowing them to take as many paid days off as they wish as long as the work is done and objectives are achieved.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interviews that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Lastly, a test / case study will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!