At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to continually improving our search and analytics functionalities. This means we have to deeply understand our user’s search problems and be able to parse and relay the types of text analysis, scoring, and analytics functions and APIs we should be building. To be successful in this role, you need to be well versed in NLP and search problems. You'll spend time understanding and thinking through API interactions for modern software stacks. To do this, you will work closely with our engineering teams to plan and prioritize search and relevance features as well as with product marketing, sales, and our users to evangelize them.
The ultimate goal of this role is to make search better in all languages in the millions of Elasticsearch installations around the world.
What You Will Do:
- Work with customers on understanding their search and analytics needs and bringing those insights back to engineering
- Work with our engineers that specialize in Lucene, search, and analytics/aggregations functions on improving everything from our synonyms features to geospatial clustering
- Collaborate with product marketing to craft demos showcasing our search features and with our sales, support, and consultants to make sure they understand the new features
- Track and improve KPIs around adoption and usage of Elasticsearch for search and analytics use cases
Who You Are:
You are an experienced Product Manager who has worked on API design.
You have an understanding of different search ranking algorithms and inputs people use for search relevance.
And you'e curious, collaborative, and empathetic.
In addition, you are/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience (mandatory)
- Comfort working in a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experienced in understanding how developers consume APIs
- Prior history working on search and/or NLP systems
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Boston, MA; New York, NY; London, UK; Barcelona, Spain; Gothenburg, Sweden; Copenhagen, Denmark
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.