Personio is the all-in-one HR software for small and medium-sized companies. With offices in Munich, Madrid, London, Dublin, and Amsterdam, Personio is on a mission to make HR processes as transparent and efficient as possible so HR can focus on what matters most: people and strategy.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Product Designer who will bring a creative, human-centered design approach, to improve and extend Personio’s integrated Employee Performance and Development product. This is one of our newest products, so you’ll have the chance to lead fundamental strategic design decisions, to develop entirely new features, as well as to bring them to a mature state through continuous testing and iterations. You will work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Researchers, Engineers, and other Designers to deliver a robust solution for small and medium-sized businesses to grow and maximize the potential of their people.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Being a key part of our product development process, driving design projects from concept to delivery
- Partnering up with Researchers, Product Managers, and Product Experts to conduct discovery around Performance and Development topics
- Creating holistic user experiences to match customer and business needs
- Creating prototypes for testing with users and internal demos
- Driving co-creation sessions with other team members and stakeholders
- Delivering project specifications and support implementation
- Contributing to our Design System and other Design team wide processes
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3+ years experience designing web-based applications, ideally in a SaaS environment, and a portfolio that demonstrates that
- Strong empathy and openness to understand how people interact with digital products, their expectations and biases
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry established interaction patterns and design trends
- Good understanding of visual design and information architecture principles
- Ability to iterate quickly, creating storyboards, wireframes, and high fidelity prototypes
- Experience working in a complex domain and using analytical problem-solving skills to make decisions
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently in a result-oriented way
- A desire to regularly receive and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Fluency in English
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Beautiful office located in the heart of Madrid
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- Lease an electric scooter or bike, paid for by Personio
- Parental benefit of 10 extra days off in case your child gets sick
- Monthly €162 tax-free stipend to help cover food and public transportation expenses
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Relocation and visa support through an expert agency to Madrid, Spain
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?
In 2019, tech consultancy GP Bullhound included Personio in a list of 50 European start-ups set to achieve a billion-dollar valuation over the next two years, giving them ‘unicorn’ status.