Firefox DOM Engineer
The DOM team at Mozilla is one of the core teams working on Firefox’s high-performing Web rendering engine, Gecko. We aim for intelligent hardware utilization and Web compatibility while we push the boundaries of what the Web is capable of. If you are a C++ programmer (who maybe also knows Rust!) who is interested in working collaboratively with a worldwide community, please get in touch with us!
As a Firefox DOM Engineer at Mozilla you’ll be instrumental in the continued advancement of Gecko and the Web platform at large. Opportunities to collaborate with other browser teams abound, and working in the open is the norm. Firefox is a mature project always looking for new optimizations and we are trying to write some of our new components in Rust. You’ll be responsible for writing code, tests, specifications, building prototypes, solving problems, and analyzing data. You'll get feedback from real users and synthesize it into bug reports, feature designs, and strategic direction to make the Web Platform even better over time.
As a Firefox DOM engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Improving Firefox’s Web browsing speed and responsiveness.
- Enhancing Firefox’s stability and correctness.
- Debugging and fixing problems in our multi-threaded codebase.
- Analyzing and reducing Firefox’s memory usage.
- Designing and implementing new Web platform features.
- Working cooperatively with your team and a worldwide community to identify and correct issues.
Your professional profile:
- Proficient with C++.
- Creative problem-solver and proficient debugger and profiler.
- Experience working on a cross-platform native application.
- Ability to learn a large and complex multi-language code base.
- Experience designing and building APIs is a huge plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.