Zinio is looking for a Senior PHP Engineer in their Barcelona office.
“Delivering innovative digital magazines on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world
of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital
reading experience on any device. As pioneer Zinio operates online
newsstands and award-winning iOS, Android, Windows and Kindle apps in
more than 30 languages, providing access to digital magazines which can
be read online and offline on any platform. Zinio pro converts print
magazines to digital content through Software as a service (SaaS)
platform that transforms PDF to XML.
The company has delivered 500M digital magazine editions across more than 6k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers. Headquartered in NYC, the company has offices in San Francisco, Barcelona, London and Ho Chi Minh City.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in backend development. Ideally with PHP experience, but we welcome polyglot engineers. Become part of an agile team of highly skilled and motivated individuals!
Position title: Senior Software Engineer – Senior PHP / Polyglot Engineer
As a seasoned software engineer, you know how to solve problems. You enjoy taking on difficult challenges where the limitations are not always necessary technical. You know when to stop and do things the right way and when getting things done.
At the same time, you know how to surf around different teams and priorities but also focus on the task at hand, and enjoy the fact of being part of a quick operations group, working in startup style but in a mature international company. You love changing the rules and driving the game because hey, that's the only way to succeed.
You code in several languages although you have one or two in your main expertise area (ideally PHP and other languages); however, you can travel around different sets of stacks, and if you don't know it, you can quickly learn about it.
The point is that you know several technologies and know which one to use for the right thing. You know how to scale up applications and how to deliver a quality product to clients. But most importantly, you do it because you love it. You enjoy building software that works and solves problems and even better if you do it with a great team working together to learn from them and teach them alike.
With more than six years coding and battling in high availability
websites and big complex projects, and more than three years managing or
coordinating small teams as Technical Lead or similar, you feel
confident leading teams to success by teaching with example and
mentoring best practices, all with a reduced ego and learning attitude.
- Passion about programming and technology and curiosity about what is new and which tools can solve problems better.
- Very strong POO and frameworks (functional languages are a plus).
- PHP knowledge or the will and skills to learn it quickly.
- Do-it attitude. Never blinded by the process or the language, understanding that what matters is to solve the problem.
- TDD / BDD.
- MySQL + expertise with several NoSQL solutions (i.e. you know which toolset is the right one for the problem at hand) such as Redis.
- Git workflow. Good deployment practices (CI is a plus).
- Agile development skills.
- Attention to good coding practices and clean code.
- Good communicator in English.
- Nonconformist, willing to change the world!
Nice to have
- Experience in Ecommerce and transactional platforms.
- Experience working with process / messaging based apps (Resque, sidekiq, rabbitMQ, etc).
- Experience designing scalable architectures and systems.
- Frontend (HMTL5, CSS3, Angular, React...).
- Experience developing complex APIs.
- Cucumber (Behat).
Why You’ll Love Working with us:
- We are a technology company and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and we are launching a new platform “from scratch”. We are facing very challenging new projects!
- Highly skilled Engineering team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Teambuilding activities.
- Free fruit, coffee and tea.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply sending your motivation letter and CV in English with all data relevant to the position.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!