ZINIO brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As pioneers of the digital publishing industry for over a decade, ZINIO leads the digital magazine market in breadth of content and accessibility on any platform.
For magazine consumers, ZINIO operates online newsstands and award-winning iOS, Android, Windows and Kindle apps in more than 30 languages, providing the broadest selection of digital magazines accessible on any platform that can be read online or offline, synced across multiple devices and searched via archival content.
For magazine publishers, ZINIOpro converts print magazines to digital content through a SaaS platform that transforms PDF to XML, offering publishers complete flexibility in managing and delivering their content in branded, native magazine applications for tablet, smartphone and desktop, in searchable article databases, or through the growing network of ZINIO distribution partners.
The company has delivered 500 million digital magazine editions across more than 6,000 titles from 1,300 publishers in 200 countries to over 10 million customers. Headquartered in New York City, the company has offices in San Francisco, Barcelona, London and Ho Chi Minh City.
Position title: Senior PHP Software Engineer – Web Projects team
Reporting to CTO
As a seasoned software engineer, you know how to solve problems. You
enjoy taking on difficult challenges where the limitations are not
always necessary technical. You know when to stop and do things the
right way and when getting things done.
This is a hands-on role. You will be required to demonstrate excellent Software engineering skills, actively propose solutions to problems, and work well with teams to define the best way to roll out and manage growing services with a focus on our full technology stack. You should be a quick learner and comfortable jumping into large technology stacks.
This is a full-stack role. While the emphasis is on the back-end, we’re looking for someone who also understands front-end, and loves to solve complex problems using a variety of technologies.
If you love to write code, ship products, and solve real problems that matter, please get in touch. The post is a huge undertaking, but if you are up to the challenge, we have great stuff to offer.
What you’ll be doing
- Building globally distributed applications with an OCD-level of attention to detail, with a Product Owner and a Scrum Master, in an agile team, with colleagues all across the world.
- Leveraging the latest technologies to get our applications and services closer to end-users and increasing our footprint; and
- Contributing to concept development and technical strategy in an agile environment
- Excellent back-end skills in dynamic languages
- 5+ years working with PHP (or similar dynamic language) experience
- 2+ years as a key member in a development team
- Proficient with relational databases (MySQL). Experience with Redis or Memcache is also valued highly
- Experience working with process / messaging based apps (Resque, sidekiq, rabbitMQ, etc).
- Solid knowledge and application of OOP, patterns and good practices
- Experience with Symfony highly valued
- You should have experience with large scale systems and APIs
- Passion for clean, tractable algorithms, data structures, interfaces, and performance optimization
- Diligence in coding standards, commenting and documentation
- Familiarity with some form of Test Driven Development
- You have an opinion about have a diplomatic character. We want people who are smart, creative, and passionate about the problems we are solving
- Comfortable with high levels of responsibility
- Excellent English communication skills (i.e. listening, speaking, and writing)
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!