"Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country."
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer, Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro's white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 500M digital magazine editions across more than 6k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
Zinio is looking for a Senior PHP Engineer in their Barcelona office.
You have more than five (5) years of experience battling in high availability applications and big complex projects. With that, you will be part of one of our Backend teams in Barcelona (7 Engineers + 1 PO).
The role reports to the Senior Director of Software Engineering.
Your required experience:
- Powerful OOP and SOLID principles.
- PHP + Symfony
- MySQL + expertise with some NoSQL solutions (i.e., you know which toolset is the right one for the problem at hand) such as MongoDB.
- Experience with cache systems (Redis, Memcached, etc..)
- Experience working with process / messaging based apps (rabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.).
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Microservices. You understand both the good and bad points of working with Microservices and how to work properly with them.
- Experience working with scalable architectures and systems.
- Experience working in high availability applications.
- Good testing culture. No matter if you make the tests before the code or vice versa, your tests are ALWAYS part of the last PR.
- Docker is your friend. You have experience working with Docker and Docker Compose.
- Experience with CI services like Travis or CircleCI
- Git workflow. Good deployment practices (CI is a plus).
- Agile development skills.
- Attention to good coding practices and clean code.
- Good communicator in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in e-commerce and transactional platforms.
- Experience in CQRS or DDD.
Why you'll love working with us:
- We are a technology company, so we invest in technology and our people!
- We lead our sector of activity and always facing new challenging projects.
- We have a highly skilled team that will let you learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
We offer great benefits, including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan, including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.