If you want to work in a multicultural, diverse and highly energetic team then our Valencia office is the place to be. We develop state-of-the-art integration solutions that are key differentiators in driving more traffic to our platform, and we aim at adding more offerings to our portfolio. The days where translations were done in Word documents using manual processes are long gone, it is all about process automation, cool integration solutions, awesome machine learning and high performing machine translation software. And we do it all in-house. LanguageWire is the place to be, if you want to work with known technologies and frameworks, but also have the hunger for new tech and are excited about doing greenfield development.
We are looking for a PHP developer to join our Connectors Team in the Platform Integrations Tribe. If you think you fit the bill, consider joining us. We try, we learn and we win!
The role you’ll play
You will be a senior PHP Developer in the team and you will be working in a cross-functional “full ownership” team, where you will be taking part and have a voice in every step of the process of building products from idea to deployment and afterwards running it in production while doing maintenance.
Today we have dedicated connectors for TYPO3, Drupal and HubSpot based on PHP as well as some dedicated integrations. In the future we will have more cool connectors for our customers. You will work with the Product Owner, QA, SRE, Support Specialists and other developers every day to ensure we develop the right solutions. All the while choosing the best technologies for each project, be it Laravel, Symfony, Aurelia, TypeScript, MySql, RabbitMQ, or any others. You will ensure that the quality of our products is up to our high standards by conducting code reviews, writing tests and automating as much as possible. You will continuously release your solutions using a CI/CD pipeline in Azure and Kubernetes, and monitor using an ELK stack managed service.
The team you’ll be a part of
The team is a skilled group of 6 people covering development and QA for our connectors and integrations. In the Tribe you will also be cooperating with 2 more teams: Professional Services (Supporter and Implementation specialist as well as an SRE) and API team. We are a unique team that creates solutions in 3 backend languages: Java, PHP and .Net. We as a team own all the connectors developed on top of this and are therefore expanding them while also doing maintenance. The team is distributed across Copenhagen, Gdansk and Valencia.You will be referring to the Team Lead who is currently taking part in the PHP development himself.
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Writing clean and SOLID code in any language you touch
- Ensuring high quality software by taking part in code reviews
- Challenging the process by actively joining our sprint retrospectives, refinements, dailies, etc.
- Taking full ownership of products and solutions you make
- Eliminating bugs very early in the process by applying TDD/BDD and other types of tests
- Enriching the team by spreading knowledge and supporting fellow developers, QAs and support
- Supporting your leaders with your expert knowledge and by assisting them on customer meetings
- Working hand-in-hand with our SRE on the CI/CD pipelines to make sure that things never break
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You are an ingrained part of the team
- Can take full responsibility for our products and solution
- Can be buddy to junior team members
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- 5+ years of professional PHP development,
- Database technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL) and optimal usage of them,
- Experience in writing unit tests (TDD/BDD is a plus) integration tests,
- Knowledgeable about design patterns, clean code, best software development practices,
- Experience with consuming and creating REST APIs.
This will make you stand out
- Experience with a modern PHP framework (Laminas, Laravel, CMS),
- Experience with a popular CMS (Drupal, TYPO3, Wordpress),
- Experience with Docker (ability to write your own Dockerfiles),
- Kubernetes, terraform, Azure/Jenkins pipelines,
- Cloud technologies (preferably Azure),
Your mum says that you
- Like to take things apart and put them back together
- You have a very good sense of humor
- You like a good puzzle or riddle
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company
- We are an AI company
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success, and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
“Being surrounded by so many talented colleagues is one of the best things about working at LanguageWire. The working atmosphere is great, and being part of such a multicultural team represents an enriching and incredible opportunity for the development of my career”
(Anna, Operations Solutions Project Manager, Valencia)
“Why I love my job at LanguageWire? Three things: Team Spirit, Goals and Caring Leadership. It begins and ends with the team. I am motivated because I work with a great team of people who know how to work together, know each other, and thrive when working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We care about each other. As a leader, you need to embrace the whole team to make the team great and achieve set goals. LanguageWire takes pride in caring about it all.”
(Marianne, Customer Success Director, Aarhus)
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to develop, be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, Atlanta and Valencia
- 470 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- A lot of responsibility and freedom
- We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors and countries
- We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and get-together initiatives like online fitness classes, yoga, Christmas parties, etc. We have fun!
Perks in Valencia
- Over 200 great colleagues in different business departments.
- Excellent location in cool and modern offices in the city center, with a great rooftop terrace and a view over the Town Hall Square
- Working in an international environment—more than 20 different nationalities
- Freshly ground coffee from the coffee machine and free fruit