Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 11 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 8 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior PHP Developer/ Team Lead to join our IT Team in Berlin. You will play a central role in our data-driven strategy, crafting high-quality and elegant code for our communities around the world. You will build the backend systems that power our fast-growing business and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will contribute towards creating a more attractive, helpful and fashionable community for everyone!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Write awesome code
- Implement and tweak awesome features
- Lead a team of awesome Backend/Frontend engineers (around 5 people)
The qualities we are looking for are:
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar fields
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a PHP developer
- Experience as a team lead for at least 1 year
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Postgresql)
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony, Zend)
- Knowledge of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience with unit testing and integration tests
- Self-motivation and a passion for learning new technologies
- Experience with SCM (git or svn)
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Solr, MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, or Memcache is a plus
- Experience with TDD (PHPUnit) or BDD (Behat or Codeception)
- Experience with Composer / Packagist (double bonus points for having a package on packagist)
- Experience with continuous integration (with Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)
- Fluent in English
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Flexible working hours, cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- An agile team in implementing complex/innovative features
- Development opportunity incl. trainings and further education
- “Hack” days for learning new technologies and skills
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc..
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city centre easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene
- Visa sponsorship
- Competitive compensation package, as well as paid relocation
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're looking forward to receiving your application including your motivation letter and your CV.