Are you passionate about PHP and backend technologies? Are you always thinking on how to create the best performant data structures and how to serve the highest amount of request per second? Do you enjoy designing APIs or the best cache strategy? If you've answered "Yes" to the three questions you are the person we are looking for.
As PHP Developer at the El Tiempo, you will be responsible for designing and coding our websites and APIs, that reach more than 9 million monthly unique users. This role requires a solid blend of developing experience, software engineering and technical knowledge to dive into the depths of El Tiempo technology.
You will work closely with our Software Developers and Product Team, to implement and deploy the best products.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Be responsible of maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site and create APIs for internal and external use
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical need
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Work closely with product, development and infrastructure teams on release planning and deployments
- University degree in Computer Science, or College diploma in Computer Programming, Information Technologies or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of related job experience in web/API development.
- Experience developing web projects with a PHP framework, Laravel/Lumen preferably.
- Strong experience with MySQL, designing data structures and caching with Redis server.
- Experience working in Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) environments
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize, analyze problems and propose solutions and/or improvements
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with other teams
- Development experience with git and Bitbucket.
- Good level of English