TeamCMP is a digital entertainment company founded in Rochester (NY) in the early 2000s and with offices in Barcelona since 2007.
We're 160+ people energized about our future and enjoying everything a high-growth company has to offer. We're technologists, marketers, business operators, video producers, and VR experts from over 32 nationalities.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Backend Developer to join our Dating team!
What you will do
Our main goal is to maintain and improve our dating sites, with more than 100K new users per day, mainly from the US. We are also exploring and testing new dating products. We do this by using the most modern technologies including AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Cypress, using micro-components, Domain Events... As well as using good practices and DDD. We’re proud to be working with Symfony 4, PHP 7.4, Vue.js, and a wide range of modern technologies. This is all done using agile methodologies, working with Kanban, and Jira daily. Continuous improvement, learning, and practicing new things are always welcomed.
Just as important, we like to work in a nice and safe environment, where everyone is accountable, friendly, and always willing to help. We work as a team and encourage opinions.
Our diverse team is currently composed of six Developers, a Support Analyst, two QAs, a PO, and a Software Manager, from six different countries!
- Maintain, modernize, and add new features to our dating products and their components.
- Triage, diagnose, and solve high traffic production problems.
- Share knowledge with your colleagues about best practices and new technologies.
- Advice on issues relating to improving performance and scalability.
- Develop unit, functional, integration, and E2E tests.
- Be involved throughout the full lifecycle development process.
- Document existing and new systems and components.
- Strong knowledge and practice of PHP, OOP patterns, SOLID principles and Domain-Driven-Design.
- Experience with PHP 7 and at least one modern framework: Symfony.
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL).
- Experience with queues systems.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience working in high traffic environments.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Business Level English: all spoken and written business communications are in English.
- A great teammate with excellent communication skills.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with Kubernetes and HELM.
- Experience in Golang programming.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with non-relational databases.
- Experience with CI and CD.
Sound good? Apply now for this position!
- The first interview is with our Talent Acquisition Specialist. To know about your profile and explain to you about the company and the role.
- A second interview with the Hiring Manager and the Tech Lead. To know more about you, review your technical skills and give you more information about the team and the position.
- Technical test. You do it when you can, with no time constraints.
- A third interview with the Tech Lead and one Developer from the team. To review the technical test together and ask you questions about it.
- Competitive compensation package based on experience, skills, and the job market.
- Remote policy and flexible working hours. Core hours from 11:00 to 17:00, with 7,5 hours/day.
- Trial period 3 months.
- Budget to set up your home office and internet subsidized every month.
- Flexible Bank Holidays. These are added to our total vacation days, and we can take them when we prefer.
- Day off for your birthday.
- Private health and dental insurance plans for employees and their families.
- Subsidized gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Sponsored training and development – time off and costs covered by the company.
- Regular “freestyles” every Friday afternoon, you have the time to get creative or choose what you want to learn, separate from the ongoing tasks.
- Company-sponsored Spanish, Catalan, and English classes.
- Top-notch equipment, Apple or Linux, you choose.
- Quarterly company bonus program.
- Beautiful new headquarters in the center of Barcelona with multiple workspaces and plenty of lounge space too.
- Monthly budget to spend on team building activities.