XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have a new exciting position for a PHP Senior Developer.
XING has recently acquired Prescreen.io (https://corporate.xing.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/meldung/xing-acquires-candidate-management-sys...) for €17M. It's an Austrian young company that owns an ATS (Applicant Tracking System) tool written in PHP and Symfony 2.
Now is the time to help Prescreen to improve its existing product in order to excel. That's why we are looking for a PHP Senior Developer who will assess the team in improving their development best practices and refactoring skills. Your main goal will be to coach the team (understand, show, teach, assess, follow-up) to increase quality and maintainability.
* High attitude, passion and motivation
* Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change.
* Team spirit and will to share knowledge with other experts
* Fluency in English
* Experience with Refactoring techniques
* Unit Testing patterns and techniques
* Other Extreme Programming practices
* Hexagonal Architecture
* Domain-Driven Design expertise
* CQRS and Event Sourcing knowledge
* Symfony 2, 3, or 4 (why not!) expertise
* PHP 7.*
* DevOps and Infrastructure topics (Redis, Elastic, Ansible, etc.)
Benefits for you :)
* Salary range 45.000-60.000 EUR gross annual
* Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
* A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
* Regular innovation weeks
* Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
* Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
* Spanish or German lessons.
* A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
* A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
* Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
* 26 + 4 working days of holidays
* Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
* Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
* Relocation pack if needed.
* A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, PHP, Scala, Java, Kotlin, iOS, Swift, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, REST API, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Riak, Backbone.js, MarionetteJS, ReactJS, GIT, GitHub Enterprise, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
First, Cristina will get in touch with you and will have a first online interview to understand better what you're looking for, your interests, etc. Then, you will be asked to do a code test. After that, we'll organize an online interview with Carlos to know each other and review the code test. Finally, you will visit the office and meet more people from the team.
Check our Twitter account! @xing_bcn
Send your application, we're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing ) and let the world know what we're doing (https://devblog.xing.com ) while also organising public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.