Bitpanda is a European digital investment platform. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda believes that everyone should have access to the tools that remove the barriers that stand between people and their financial goals, empowering them to invest in what they want, when they want. We are Austria’s first unicorn start-up, with more than 500 team members, over 2.7 million users, multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards and we’re one of Europe's fastest-growing fintechs. Our talented team works across international offices in Vienna and Krakow. We are looking for great people who are ready to make an impact, right from day one. And the best part? As we continue to expand our global footprint, we’re now also hiring in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Turkey, Italy and Poland. Invest in your future and join us on our mission to change the way the world views investing.
As a Backend Developer at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and maintaining clean and scalable code over all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
About the team
The investment platform area is responsible for enabling our users to get the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets and cryptocurrencies while providing them with full control over their portfolio. Our teams take care of delivering new innovative features while making sure to adhere to our quality standards.
What you'll do:
- Develop high-quality features, ensure high test coverage and troubleshoot to eliminate bugs
- Keep debug-outputs tidy, write comments during development and ensure technical documentation
- Constantly optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability, and maintainability
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent skills using PHP (Laravel/Symfony Framework), MySQL and REST-API
- Strong knowledge and experience in backend development systems and methodologies
- Good knowledge of working database systems and database optimisations
- Extensive experience in writing and maintaining tests
- Please include in your application sample code or a link to a specific project/commit on Github which best showcase your experience and skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and Development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch discount
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Sustainable merch
And more benefits to come...
Do you like what you’re reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.