Thales Digital Identity & Security is a global leader in digital security, bringing trust to an increasingly connected world. We design and deliver a wide range of products, software and services based on two core technologies: digital identification and data protection.
With the massive surge of electronic travel documents and national eID cards, ThalesDigital & Security global business unit is supporting border agencies, government authorities and airports to exploit technology convergence to gain consistent, comprehensive border, visa management and document verificationworldwide, that will:
- Deliver seamless travel with border control applications
- Offer convenience for travelers for fast and secure border crossing
- Improve border intelligence for detection and prevention, including some of the most disruptive new technologies like biometrics, machine learning, or micro services.
If you’re looking for new opportunities, and ready to join a high-skilled multicultural team, we are now looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join our Platform and Services Delivery team in Madrid.
What will you do?
You will participate in the design, implementation, security and validation of applications within a project team structure, in accordance with institutionalized processes and delivery standards.
You will analyze customer requirements, perform feasibility study, provide technical proposal, estimate workload and contribute to project requirements specification.
You will collaborate in documentation related to these activities.
You will be a team player inside one of our agile teams.
To succeed in this job, you must have: knowledge and at least 5 years of experience in software development including:
· Minimum 5 years of experience in software development working with .Net framework.
· Proficiency in C#.
· Experience in Microsoft .Net development with C#, Visual Studio 2012-2019, WPF.
· Experience with Source Control Systems, Continuous Integration Systems and Unit Testing Frameworks.
· Fluent English level.
· Availability to travel anywhere in the world for 1-2 weeks every now and then (maximum 15% of his time).
· Customer oriented.
· Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Any of the following will be valued:
· Experience with Reactive eXtensions.
· HW integration using 3rd party SDKs.
· Experience with Message Brokers (Kafka, Rabbit MQ, ActiveMQ ...).
· Experience with object oriented C# libraries, w3 SOAP services, WCF.
· Experience with a second programming language (Java, Python ...).
· Good knowledge of database fundamentals – SQL (MS SQL, MySQL), Oracle (PL/SQL) and No-SQL.
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours.
- Intensive working days on Fridays and during August.
- Remote-friendly - 2/3 days a week working from home.
- Restaurant allowance and social benefits (health insurance, kindergarden).
- Free coffee on-site!
Thales is a company committed to equal opportunities between women and men, and for this reason, we work to raise awareness and disseminate information on the subject both internally and externally.At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!