Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. We deliver our educational content to millions of families and we’re looking for an exceptional Senior Mobile Engineer to implement our next generation of the curriculum in the Learning and Content Delivery squad.
At Lingokids we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We actively seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and we are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
As a Mobile Engineer working in the Learning and Content Delivery (LCD) squad, you will take ownership of the integration of the new curriculum and its presentation to parents within the Lingokids app.
You will also work closely with the product owner and back-end engineers, help them build a new, better version of our content management system. Your role will be essential to level up in how Lingokids distributes its content and assets to the app, having a direct impact on children, parents and our content teams.
More specifically, you will:
- Design, build and maintain features focused on the curriculum and the content delivery to the Lingokids mobile app.
- Work with the rest of the squad by bringing new fresh ideas on how we could improve the infrastructure and the distribution of educational content.
- Improve and extend the content back-office/CMS (Rails frontend)
- Own your work from development to production and ensure its quality, maintainability and supportability.
- Mentor mid-level and junior engineers.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone who believes that communication, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open-mindedness are fundamental to being successful in any endeavour.
You should have:
- Relentlessness in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- The capacity to build a solid User Experience as well as an appreciation for good Visual Design.
- Great attention to detail.
- Understanding of how apps communicate with APIs and awareness of the implications when designing and implementing features. Willingness to work on the backend API layer.
- A self-driven approach to learning new technologies and moving features forward.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. Given the circumstances, we have become a fully remote company and we are firm believers that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.