- Deliver quality user experiences that improve usability and provide meaningful value to New Relic users
- Lead, oversee, and grow a team of impactful product designers by communicating a vision, providing direction, mentorship, and inspiration
- Balance the strategic and operational needs of your team—from pitching ideas to trade-off decisions and coordinating resources
- Drive excellence through collaboration with design and engineering directors, product managers, researchers and writers to identify business opportunities and user needs
- Cultivate positive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a well-rounded, end-to-end user experience
- Drive standards for design excellence supporting our design system, principles, and guidelines
- Promote informed decision-making using quantitative and qualitative research to ensure users' observability needs are understood and met
- Lead the Experience Design vision in partnership with the Design leadership team, broadly driving best-practices around collaboration, user-centricity and innovation
- Exercise strong communication and nurture a culture of contributing, feedback, and design excellence
- 7+ years of relevant design experience, ideally in enterprise software, SaaS B2C or B2B products
- 3+ years of leadership experience with direct people management
- Adept at delivering high-quality work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Experience with test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- An excellent communicator in both written and spoken English
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or an equivalent field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic at www.newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/future-of-work.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.