Welcome to Abiquo, goodbye to the same ol' thing
Abiquo is a young and ambitious company with a development branch located in Barcelona, and UK based offices, targeting the Cloud Computing market. Currently we are developing a leading software product that is revolutionizing Cloud Management.
We have several important job opportunities available for excellent java developers to join the team.
We're on the lookout for several engineers to help us build the best cloud management platform on the market. Be part of the Barcelona development team that is passionate about building terrific tools, solving our customers' challenges and contributing back to the community through open source licensing.
What we look for in every employee
Get it done
We value aptitude and attitude as well as experience. We value the ability to get things done with the highest standards.
There's no I in culture
Our company is based around small, dynamic teams working with agile methodologies. You should work well with others, and treat teamwork and team achievement as the end goal.
You are our ambassador
On a personal level you should have good written and oral communication skills. Every employee is a spokesperson for the company at all times.
What you'll be doing
- Designing and implementing new features to make Abiquo the greatest hybrid cloud computing platform.
- Working with other engineers to build performant systems that take into account testing, automation, CI pipelines and deployment to multiple targets.
- Researching emerging tools, trends and methodologies and enhancing existing systems and processes to use them.
- Using interesting technologies such as latest Java, Akka, containers, virtualization, SDN and public cloud APIs.
- Passion for writing quality code and solving complex problems.
- A healthy respect for tests, automation, and continuous integration.
- Proficiency in Java and the design of public APIs.
- Experience in designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Experience in integrating with external systems and their APIs.
- Understanding of different database systems: relational, NoSQL.
- Good understanding of infrastructure technology: networking, Linux operating systems. Virtualization is a plus.
- Fluent English.
- Can focus on key priorities and pragmatic solutions.
- Curiosity about emerging cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Passion for mentoring and coaching other members on your team.
- Will to face new challenges and get out of the comfort zone.
- Embraces an open source culture.
In return you can expect a salary package in line with your experience (range between 40k - 50k Euros/year + company performance bonus) as well as the opportunity to participate in a very ambitious project full of challenges.