Elinvar offers an integrated solution for asset managers to digitize their business – under their brand and in their corporate design. Working at Elinvar is the platform itself: uncomplicated and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with asset managers who are managing billions of customer assets. Accordingly, the demands they have on us are high, and we expect the lot from ourselves too. We are a dynamic team of technology and financial experts and we need your talent to seamlessly bring this disruptive product to our users.
The technical stack consists of a growing number of micro-services primarily based on Java 8. The message bus is based on Kafka and a GraphQL layer. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is in Scrum-based with 2-weeks sprints.
Sounds interesting? We’re now looking for a Senior Java Engineer (m/f) to join our team at Elinvar. We are looking forward to receiving your application online via our portal.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Designing and implementation of our backend services and complex core application
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to build an innovative product from scratch
- Leading by example and evaluate different approaches and methodologies in development
- Continuously improving productivity and sustainability with great coding, QA and release practices
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, data analysts and executive stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team
Our Perfect Match
- Java (SE) expert with at least 4 years’ experience in backend development
- University degree holder in computer science or a related engineering field
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design (Functional Programming is a plus)
- Experience with Middleware Architecture or Message Queues (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in building API based solutions
- Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Experience in IT Security is a big plus
- Experience with data processing technologies (Spark, Storm, Samza) and cloud providers (AWS, ProfitBricks) is a plus
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast-paced international start-up environment
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
- Experience with REST, NoSQL databases, Scala, TDD/BDD and CI/CD is a plus
- You always stay on top of current tech industry trends
- Based in Berlin, Elinvar is the comprehensive, digital and customized solution for wealth managers
- Our partners manage billions and expect excellence. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicated people
- Managing billions, our partners expect only excellent solutions. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicated people
- Our co-founders share tremendous industry expertise and together with the team are dedicated to ensure Elinvar’s long term success
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated – both in and out of the office
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar Team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!