Smadex is one of the biggest ad tech companies in Europe and one of the fastest growing in the world. We are handling more than 500k requests per second (Google has “only” 63k searches per second) and storing TBs of data on a daily basis. Our latency requirements are extremely high, we need to process this huge amount of requests in only 100ms this forces us to have a distributed ecosystem with servers running all around the world.
We require the most talented people to work together and build a robust platform based on cutting edge technologies. Last year Smadex was acquired by Headway, a global and data-driven media buying company with offices in America, Europe and Southeast Asia. Their integrated product combines industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver top-performing marketing and advertising solutions in the industry. Headway is part of Entravision, a public media company based in the US.
If you like challenges and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with great talented people this is your opportunity! At Smadex we are looking for a bright JAVA Engineer with experience developing high-performance backend applications running on top of the most advanced and sophisticated AWS services.
The final candidate will be deeply involved in all the major architectural and development decisions we make on the core of our bidding component. You will be responsible for developing new features, provisioning the architecture and measuring the performance once it’s deployed to the production environment. As well as working closely with our Data Science team.
Minimum technical skills:
- Proficiency in building high-performance server-side applications
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Java
- Knowledgeable about web protocol, application servers and web servers
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Used to cache services like Memcached and Redis
- Knowledge working with highly distributed architectures
- Experience with automated tests
- Used to Linux environments
- Proficiency in git
- Able to write clear high-quality, standardised and usable code
- Capacity to recognize optimizable code
Desirable technical skills:
- Experience managing architectures within AWS (EC2, Load Balancers, RDS, Elasticache, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudSearch, S3, CodeDeploy, etc)
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Relevant experience in NodeJS, Netty or other asynchronous/reactive frameworks
- Used to CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Codeship, etc.
- Experience with performance and benchmark tests
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and sense of accountability
- Adding proactive and positive energy to our rapidly growing company
- Structured and analytical
- Excellent English
- Able to mentor less experienced team members
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results-oriented business environment
- Comfortable balancing trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs
If this sounds like you, we need to talk!!!
What's in it for you:
Competitive salary, the opportunity to have a real impact on one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe, flexible working hours, exceptional work environment with friendly peeps from more than 30 different nationalities, opportunity to be part of an agile team with a strong focus on innovation and technology, team building events, continuous development of your knowledge about the industry, the kind of knowledge that Google and Facebook are constantly looking for!