What you need to know about the job
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our Communications & Media Solutions (CMS) business brings digital transformation expertise of over 30 years to telecommunications and media companies. We help communication service providers solve their most pressing business problems every day. We are driven to innovate, delivering solid solutions to an industry in constant transformation. We believe in the power of collaboration and building long term relationships with our telecommunication customers and partners.
Act – Innovate – Partner are the values we live by.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Senior Java Developer for NFV orchestration products to join our R&D team! In this amazing role, you will be responsible for design, implementation, and testing in Java and using HPE’s best-in-class software for intent-based orchestration, Service Director (SD).
Design and development are done in agile teams using SCRUM-based principles for development, utilizing structured tools for all development disciplines in order to achieve high velocity and good quality.
In addition you will be part of an international team with colleagues in India, China and Spain. If you have a track record in and a passion for software engineering, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
• By recommending design choices and finalizing the design for new feature development, working with colleagues and other business areas
• You can perform and write portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of feature development; you will also recognize and debug issues with code and suggest changes or improvements.
• You can partner to develop reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
• You'll collaborate and communicate with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
• You have Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
• You have worked in Linux systems development/storage appliance development/analytics data collection domain
• You have the following mandatory skills:
- Documented solid experience with Software Development and Testing in general, and Java in particular.
- Experience with designs and data models
- Experience with Linux/Unix and an RBMS (for example Oracle Database)
- Experience with Build tools: E.g. maven
- Experience on development or integration of enterprise applications
- Experience with IDEs (Integrated Development Environment): E.g. Eclipse or IntelliJ
• You may have some of the following advantageous skills:
- Knowledge of installation tools: E.g. Ansible.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Docker containers, Kubernetes, …)
- Knowledge of logging frameworks: E.g. ELK, Splunk
- Knowledge in Telco Network Infrastructure & Services
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Join us and make your mark!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status