We are looking for a Senior Java Developer that will take pride in creating the very best bite sized entertainment for millions of players worldwide.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you are an experienced Java developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly and performance is of great importance, then King is the place for you! As a Java developer at King, you’ll have a great opportunity to build the systems we need as we don’t depend heavily on external frameworks. You’ll be involved in making the architectural decisions which will ensure that every server can handle more load, as well as ensuring that your code is of the highest quality. We offer you the chance to work in an agile environment where frequent, fast-paced releases mean you’ll see the impact of your work almost immediately. You will among other things…
- Design and implement server features required to support new game and platform functionality and releases.
- Secure the performance, reliability, scalability and security of a game.
- Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for programming and a solid sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack. Other skills include:
- Scalability: Experience in designing robust, highly scalable systems.
- Able to architect & design components, features and systems.
- Very experienced in Java, databases and web development in general.
- No stranger to web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- Striving to be a genius in your area of expertise.
- Used to TDD, UNIX environments, Subversion.
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
- Motivated by challenges and new opportunities.
- Fluent in English.
Tasty bonus skills
- Experience in working on a project for high scalability sites.
- C++ skills.
- Played and enjoyed any of our games.
We’re champions of creativity
We believe that great games are developed by working in small,
autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to
amazing game. Our close connection with and instant feedback from the
player community, enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value
your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by
playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family
or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!