We are looking for an inspired and motivated Senior Java Developer to work within the Software Development Team and contribute to the development of ABA English’s back-end platform.
The main responsibilities of that role will be
- You will work closely with front-end, mobile and analytics colleagues, always focussing in providing through APIs what they require.
- Conceptualize and define the architecture of all services that are required in the different development projects.
- Design, write and perform test suites, and participate in peer code reviews, as well as help QA team to conduct their tests.
- You will “run what you wrote” in a developer-driven infrastructure. That means that you are not only delivering the code, but are also responsible for the efficiency and safety of that code once it’s moved into production.
Background and Skills
- 5 years or more of practical experience in software development
- Extensive coding experience in Java /J2EE application development with Spring Framework
- Proven experience in server side development of RESTful services & APIs
- Experience using JPA framework
- Orientated to the use of unit test frameworks (JUnit, testNG, Mocking, etc)
- Proven experience using clean code principles
- Experience with source code management (Git)
- Knowledge of Maven building tools
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS or similar)
- Knowledge of microservices architectures and its design patterns.
- A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as Scrum, XP, Lean, and Kanban
- Strong focus on software performance aspects and willingness to challenge existing architectures
- Readiness for technical challenges and excellent analytical skills
- Being self-motivated, well-organized, quality-oriented and a strong team player
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical contex
- Experience Spring Boot is a good plus
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability APIs
- Prior experience with Docker
- Experience with micro service architectures
- Knowledge of the principles of NoSQL datastores
- Advocate of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline automation
- Experience working with Jenkins
- Experience working with JIRA
- Prior experience with XP principles such as pair programming and TDD
What makes working at ABA English great
● Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
● Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
● Free Breakfast every Monday
● Free English and Spanish classes
o Private health insurance: Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
o Restaurant discounts: Enjoy your lunches with a daily discount
o Childcare subsidies: We offer a discount plan for hundreds of Barcelona-based daycare centers
o Discounted gym access: Exercise your muscles as well as your brain!
o Discounted travel cards: We make your commute a little lighter on your wallet
● Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
ABA English Culture
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard weeks work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!