We're growing fast and are looking for an experienced and open-minded well-rounded Senior Java Developer to work within the Software Development Department and contribute to the development of ABA English’s back-end platform.
We've coped till now, but understand we'll only be the best company if we can attract and retain the best people, and this is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to spearhead a new phase of growth for a fast-moving technology company.
- You will work closely with front-end, mobile and analytics colleagues, always focusing in providing through APIs what they require.
- Conceptualize and define the architecture of all services that are required in the different development projects.
- Design, write and perform test suites, and participate in peer code reviews, as well as help QA team to conduct their tests.
- You will “run what you wrote” in a developer-driven infrastructure. That means that you are not only delivering the code, but are also responsible for the efficiency and safety of that code once it’s moved into production.
Required skills & experience:
- 4 years or more of practical experience in software development
- Extensive coding experience in Java /J2EE application development
- Proven experience in server side development of RESTful services & APIs
- Experience using Hibernate and JPA frameworks
- Orientated to the use of unit test frameworks (JUnit, testNG, Mocking, etc)
- Experience with source code management (Git)
- Knowledge of Maven/Gradle building tools
- Experience with virtualization and/or cloud technologies (AWS or similar)
- A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean, and Kanban
- Strong focus on software performance aspects and willingness to challenge existing architectures
- Readiness for technical challenges and excellent analytical skills
- Being self-motivated, well-organized, quality-oriented and a strong team player
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context
- Experience with Spring Framework is a good plus
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability APIs
- Advocate of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline automation
- Prior experience with XP principles such as pair programming and TDD
- Familiar with micro services architecture and/or container computing (Docker for example)
- Proficiency in JIRA, or at least knowing how to use it
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Free English and Spanish classes
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
- Working in the sunny Barcelona
ABA English Culture:
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard week's work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural event or a team building.
If this sounds like something you can handle and would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!