jBilling is the leading premium cloud-based billing platform for all complex billing needs. Our platform can simplify even the most intricate enterprise billing. We take pride in the fact that we play ball with some of the world’s leading companies, successfully automating their business processes and preparing them for the next generation of billing.
This job is a remote long-term contract for an individual residing in Spain. Proficiency in both Spanish and English is required. Some travel around Madrid and Barcelona and Europe will also be required.
jBilling has staff members in four continents and is currently looking to enhance its team by filling a Senior Java Developer position with an outstanding bilingual individual based in Spain, preferably in Madrid or Barcelona, to become a key technical contributor to our growing team. You will work with a distributed team, interacting with people of different companies and continents to solve challenging scenarios.
As an experienced member of our development team, you will make key technical design decisions as well as key code contributions for new projects and future releases of jBilling. You will mentor members of our technical team, reviewing their designs and implementations in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will also be responsible for working with account executives and contributing to our sales process. Your technical expertise and experience, combined with superior communication skills, will be fundamental for your role as a liaison to our customers, answering potential jBilling prospects technical questions, as well as participating in requests for proposals (RFPs). You will also be involved with large implementation projects providing on-site solutions architecture for our customers in Europe and North America.
Please note that you will be required to pass two technical tests before you are given your first assignments.
- Write critical core code
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Evaluate and propose new technologies
- Contribute to solving the hardest support issues
- Review code
- Review designs
- Participate in sales calls, answering technical questions
- Advise the sales team on answering RFPs
- Provide solution architecture consulting, at times on-site
- Occasional travel may be required
Required Knowledge & Skills
Excellent communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Expert level on Java SE and the Spring Framework
- Expert knowledge on design patterns
- Expert knowledge on integration patterns and protocols.
- Solid understanding of databases, SQL optimization and Hibernate
- Good knowledge of the UNIX environment.
- Good Experience interacting with customers would be an asset. Interest in working with customers regularly is necessary.
- No technical challenge is too great: fast thinker and problem solver.
- Always on top on the latest and greatest on tools, languages and patterns
Simply fill in this form; please, no email or calls.
Life at jBilling
jBilling offers the opportunity to have a big impact in a dynamic start-up with global reach and genuine opportunities to develop your career. Their distributed team love being part of a strong company culture under a shared set of values – it’s an environment of trust. Want to work with the best people in a great environment to disrupt a decades-old industry? jBilling might be the place for you.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!