Who we are
We’re BUX, a tech company that is rocking the world of finance and our goal is to make stock trading easy, exciting and affordable for everyone. We launched our first app back in 2014 which now has 1.5 million users across Europe and billions of euros in transaction volume. By taking down the barriers to the financial markets and disrupting the trading experience, we're helping new generations of first-time investors to discover the exciting world of the financial markets. We’re building 2 more apps in 2018 for long-term and cryptocurrency investing.
About the team
Engineering is the heart of our business and we have a really experienced tech team. Between the CTO and our tech leads, there are several decades of development experience. This is one of the smartest teams you'll have the chance to work in. It will help you push yourself to the next level.
Why will you enjoy working for BUX?
- You'll design, build, and maintain a system that is meant to scale. We went from 1000 to 1.5 million users with barely any hiccups. (Learn how we're doing it.)
- You'll work with an actor-based framework (similar to Akka), that is central to everything we do, and the heart of the scalability of our system.
- We have a trading app that is accessible 24/7. We have very small maintenance window, so from a DevOps perspective you'll have the opportunity to think, plan, and execute the best ways to deploy our services.
- Lastly, the business domain is interesting. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside.
What is the cherry on top?
- Latest and greatest tech equipment – choose what you like;
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Cool office in the heart of Amsterdam (10 mins from Central Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Margy’s famous lunches;
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan.
Interested? Just simply click the "Apply" button below!
We expect to see:
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality.
- Proficiency in Java, with strong object-oriented design skills;
- Working knowledge of the Spring framework;
- An Agile mindset and working knowledge of the Scrum framework;
- Experience with DevOps tools and procedures.
We like to see (but not required):
- Experience with building scalable (clustered) systems;
- Experience with puppet, messaging systems, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Cassandra, and RabbitMQ;
- Knowledge of reactive, actor-based systems.
Please, note that BUX is not providing relocation and visa support for countries outside of Europe