You will write code, loads of it. You will fix bugs, yes we do find them and are very keen on writing them quickly into our release notes. Currently, we have around 30 different services. Some are built and grown over the years and need serious refactoring. Others are based on the latest technology like AKKA and Spring Boot 2 with a reactive architecture.
You will have the freedom to be creative and find the best solution to solve our problems. In case you drift off in some Stackoverflow thread because somebody posted a cat video instead of a stacktrace, you may well be bombarded with a bunch of stress balls from your fellow team members. But don’t worry, we will supply you with plenty ammunition as well :).
We are running 24/7 services which means if sh** hits the fan (and it can happen) you will need to fix things and redeploy or just investigate and say: it’s not us, even if it is 3 in the morning. You will be part of this rotation in the team so everybody can be the Hero of the Day. How do we measure this? You will get Tacos (digital ones at least) and if you are competitive you can go up against the current leaders, but let me tell you, that’s going to be tough.
You commit, literally. If you branch and version your code as well,
you git it. You love your code. You are proud when it works, challenged
when it fails and get kudos when the integration tests succeed.
Who you are
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in development within a Java Web/ Enterprise environment.
- You have hands-on experience with Java/J2EE (7) and Java 8.
- Frameworks such as Spring ecosystem (Spring boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data), JPA/Hibernate etc, are common practice for you.
- Experience with AKKA, Spring Boot 2 and reactive architecture.
- You know how to work with technologies/architectures like Web services like SOAP, REST.
- You have experience with Enterprise integration software (SOA, ESB, BPM, and JMS) and database technologies (MySQL, SQL).
- You have strong opinion on code quality and tools like SonarQube, PMD, checkstyles.
- You have experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
- You have experience with automated unit and load testing.
- You have experience with Linux.
- You have experience with IT Security best practices.
- Experience with: JSF or with load testing (JMeter/Gatling), API Management tools and concepts is a plus.
- Docker, marathon, mesos, elasticsearch, kibana experience is a plus.
What Quby offers you
- A competitive salary with great benefits.
- Yearly personal development worth 5% of your year salary.
- Flexible working hours – start the day between 8:00 and 10:00.
A pension plan with 82% contribution by Quby.
Free fruit & great coffee and tea.
Friday night drinks, game nights, table soccer and other fun events.
Lunch & learns.
25 vacation days.
Bi-weekly chair massages.
Collective health insurance.
A family of over 150 very enthusiastic colleagues!