Qardio is on a mission to make heart health easier, smarter and better for everyone. As a leading brand in the digital health and technology sector, we are hiring a Senior Java Engineers to join our team.
As we scale, there will be significant opportunities for you to grow within the organization and improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
You will be part of Qardio's Applications and Services team, delivering a platform of globally distributed, scalable, reliable and high performance and secure data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, and external customers.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will be a core contributor in this group helping us to deliver the world-class data platform Qardio needs in order to succeed. You and your team will face some of the most complex challenges in distributed data systems at scale.
You will work in a small, empowered team - move fast - ship to production in weekly sprints. You will own and operate production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using the latest tools and will have exposure to industry-leading open source data technologies.
- Lead development of products, services, and tools, in Java;
- Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment;
- Break down requirements, estimate tasks, and plan work accurately (definition of done is Production);
- Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call;
- Work cross-functionally for product launches;
- Collaborate with other teams and mentor junior engineers;
- Lead best practices in the team.
- 5+ years of experience in Java software development
- Industry experience building distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant, 24x7 backend systems
- High proficiency in Java, including frameworks such as Spring/SpringMVC or other microservices frameworks and restful services (REST)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, distributed algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- Expert in designing, operating and fine-tuning highly-available data persistence layers.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, TDD and Automated Testing, and familiarity with tools like Docker, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Gradle, Maven, GIT
- Understanding of scalability challenges and performance of the server-side code. Ability to design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and efficient systems.
- Driven by a hunger for challenge and opportunity and thriving in a fast-paced, intense, delivery-focused environment.
- Have a global mindset and be happy operating with a team spread across in multiple time zones
- Possess excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Understand and have built HIPAA, GDPR, PCI or other compliance systems
- Extensive experience using large-scale SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Kafka, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
What we offer:
- Exciting career path and the potential to grow into a leadership role quickly
- Excellent compensation package, flexible working hours, holiday plan, 25 days annual leave, and training
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative company in an exciting, hot sector
- The opportunity to work as part of an international team with a great open office near Westerpark