WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a Senior Java Developer, based in Amsterdam, you will be embedded on a small SCRUM development team creating scalable, resilient and secure web services. You will be working on improving our own SOAP and REST web service and you will think along with the determination of the architecture. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. The main activities in your role will be:
• Determine and monitor the development and design of the software architecture.
• Supporting the product owner in serving the product functional needs.
• Preparing estimations of the components to be developed and developing the software components independently.
• Preparing relevant documentation and securing the obtained knowledge with other teams, in order to boost Paazl's service and internal support to a higher level.
• Writing unit tests and carrying out these tests as well as automated intergration tests.
• Finding and resolving system failures short and long term.
• Responsible for good mutual cooperation with immediate colleagues at different levels to inspire and to communicate openly for continuous performance improvement.
• Strongly analytical, process and conceptual driven, and high performing in development and project management.
• Creative, able to think outside the box and you systematically share & record new knowledge so that others may also profit from it.
• Customer centric and putting the customer first goes further than just a tic the box mentality.
• A self-starter, hands-on, pragmatic, precise and focused on providing the right solution for an optimal result.
• Structured, able to safeguard and communicate information internally/externally with precision.
• Able to win people over, create a support base where necessary (socially, environmentally aware and a result-oriented bridge builder).
• Responsible for assisting and supporting the junior and Medior Developer.
WHAT TECHNICAL SKILLS DO YOU BRING?
• Knowledge of the application architecture in a SaaS environment.
• Javas 8, Spring and all relevant frameworks.
• Knowledge of, or interest in learning more about Hibernate and different kinds of API like SOAP & REST.
• Preferably experience with Docker, Kubernetes in a commercial cloud environment ©.
Furthermore you have:
• Excellent command of Dutch and English (verbal, written and presentation skills).
• A bachelor or University degree in software development or a similar education.
• 4-6 years of experience as a Java Developer in a B2B marketing, software sector or e-commerce organization.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
• You will join a great work environment with a young ambitious team.
• You will join a very dedicated, multi-cultural team of 50 professionals located in Amsterdam and Kiev.
• You will get to be part of our Microservices launch and improving its architecture.
• Our platform facilitates millions of deliveries around the globe, so the world is really your playground.
• You get to work with leading brands and retailers such as Under Armour, Hunkemöller, G-Star, Greetz and Rituals.
• We aim to build better software by leveraging the combined powers of everyone, so including yours.
• We are expanding into new countries, so you’ll be part of an amazing international growth journey.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• A growing international environment in e-commerce delivery.
• A salary that fits your experience & training opportunities.
• 25 holiday days & 2 days extra off for being present at the office throughout the year.
• Flexible hours and working from home possibilities.
• Boxing classes on our rooftop for the sporty employee.
• Lunches as a team to connect on a social level.
• A rewarding referral scheme when bringing your network on board.