TORO is looking for experienced Java developers to join its server development team.
This team is in a global race to build the best mobile wallet. “Best wallet” is about mobile payments, but much more than that. The team builds services behind the wallet allowing to get coupons, offers, get into the metro, to buy concert tickets, to play games...
At the same time, we are deploying many wallet projects in many countries around the globe.
As a Senior Java Backend Developer you will develop scalable server-side solutions providing services for mobile apps also developed by Toro. Your code should meet highest standards as it is constantly checked using our Continuous Integration pipeline. In Toro we highly value your ideas and contribution in all phases of development and are eager to learn from your experience as well, also during peer code reviews which we practice on daily basis.
This position is open for Barcelona.
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing backend services in Java
- Good knowledge of Web technologies (protocols, HTML, etc.)
- Experience with either JEE or Spring
- Good understanding of testing practices like unit testing, TDD, CI
- Previous experience with developing REST APIs
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Knowledge of writing modular and reusable software using best coding practices
- Experience with problems of system scalability and performance
- Fluency or working proficiency in English
- Openness and willingness to learn new things
Optional skills / experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS or other cloud service providers
- Knowledge of Apache Camel
- Familiarity with concepts of Big Data
- Ability to program in Python or other scripting language
- Shell scripting
- Understanding of Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Contributions to OpenSource projects or active GitHub account is a plus!
- You can choose your OS (e.g. Windows, any GNU/Linux based distributions)
- Free Friday drink and snack
- Multicultural working place with global projects.
- Startup atmosphere
About TORO Ltd
Toro Development Limited (Toro) was established in 2007 to focus on improving the overall NFC user-experience (in the real world, on the mobile phone, and on the Internet).
We have developed and continue developing akami suite™, a software platform to distribute NFC applications to end-users. Our technology is today licensed to Trusted Service Managers (TSM), mobile carriers, banks, payment systems, transport systems, retail chains, hotel chains, etc.
For that matter, Toro has gathered a team of smart card and secure transactions specialists, together with experts in mobile applications, server applications, graphic design, marketing, and database management. Our aim is to provide the best environment for NFC services development, deployment, operation, usage and maintenance
Toro is headquartered in Netherlands, with R&D and operations center in Barcelona, Spain
TORO's mission is to make NFC mobile payments possible and available to every actor of the ecosystem; our goal is to help the world of commerce overcome the mobile commerce conundrum: the two-fold fragmentation.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!