The Mobile Team at Brainly is growing so we are looking for Senior iOS Engineers who will help us to build the best educational app in the world. We have already 350+ million unique users monthly!
We are taking over the world, and to do so we need strong engineers to join us who are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.
The Senior iOS Engineer works as part of an interdisciplinary team and acts as the key stakeholder by planning, prioritizing, and executing to achieve product vision in all markets.
The Mobile Team focuses on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We build the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.
An important part of our work is to deliver and maintain the subscription model in the app, video content, Math Solver solutions and gamification.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Working in a very creative environment and with focus-oriented high-fliers
- Shipping products worldwide to 350+ million users monthly
- Transform the world of online education also by developing related products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for Brainly iOS platform to enhance the great learning experience for our users
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- Fluency in Swift
- Strong understanding of the iOS SDK
- Good understanding of common back-end system integration/web services/APIs
- Understanding of Git
- Ability to create a well-designed public API
- Fluency in English (in speaking and writing)
- Strong understanding of architectural patterns
- Nice to have experience
- Experience with mobile analytics
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with SDK development
- Experience with implementing Apple Subscriptions
- Eagerness to create UI
- Focus on quality
- High attention to detail
- Location: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Salary: 15 000 - 23 000 PLN gross/ monthly, employment contract
- Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want get know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].