Note from recruiter: Yes, we are actually hiring during COVID-19! This role is open to remote candidates across Spain, but our office is in Barcelona and that would be preferred. English fluency is a requirement. We are seeking a senior mobile engineer, with experience mainly in iOS, but also knowing Android (or open to learn) who would be interested in contributing to our iOS and Android SDKs that power the cardholder experience for all of our customers. This is a full-time, permanent role, though we would have to employ you as a contractor.
Apto Payments is a leading-edge card issuance platform. We help companies issue new kinds of cards in new ways. We do it with fewer constraints and more creativity, for a better cardholder experience. Founded in 2014 as Shift Payments, the company worked with Coinbase to launch the first bitcoin debit card. Today, as Apto, we have broadened our mission, finding new ways to connect people to their assets by helping companies successfully launch innovative, customer-centric card programs to market.
We are looking for Senior Mobile Engineers (mainly iOS, but open to work also in Android) to join our team and develop our iOS and Android SDKs that power the cardholder experience for all of our customers. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment and is excited about working hard to build the future of financial services. You should be able to understand and suggest improvements in our code as well as write the necessary tests to be sure that the features that you deliver are good to be shipped.
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- 3+ years of native iOS development experience.
- Proficiency in Swift required.
- A deep understanding of iOS SDKs.
- Experience with iOS testing (XCTest)
- Experience with Android is a plus.
- Passion for clean code.
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON. Backend experience is a plus.
- Sound judgment for balancing when to cut corners and long-term code maintainability
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with some form of Test-Driven Development.
- You have an opinion. We want people who are smart, creative, and passionate about the problems we are solving.
- Comfortable with high levels of responsibility.
- Excellent English communication skills
- You make all your technology decisions with the final user in mind.
- You're self-directed, with proven ability to manage goals and deadlines effectively.
- Passion for learning.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Great team of driven people with different skill sets.
- Travel to our offices in San Francisco and Barcelona on occasion.
- Permanent remote position, or work from home days.
- Great office spaces in San Francisco and Barcelona.
- Flexible hours.
- Building solutions used globally by millions of people.