A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a very small fraction of overall credit, but it is growing rapidly and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent, so you can achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and very intuitive app linked to a credit card that’s designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
Based between London and Madrid, our talented and growing team is committed to create a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we take. At Tymit, we have a mantra, customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth and we'll continue catering to them that way.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
We are looking for a seasoned product-aware iOS engineer to help us on our mission to reinvent the future of credit. We are searching for engineerings who place the customer at the centre of everything, specifically looking at the design and quality of our service.
We are looking for someone excited by working on products in their very early stage, a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of hard and intriguing challenges. You will be focusing on our app for iOS devices, but also on helping our engineering team design the API and services that power Tymit’s business. You will be involved in leveraging new applications as much as take an important role during design reviews sessions. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle to maintain and add additional functionalities for our iOS app.
- Demonstrate a clear architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design, working with the wider Engineering Team to set the standards for software engineering best practices.
- Participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing and production release, delivering high-quality code in an agile team environment, creating the best possible experience we can for our customers.
- Work cross-functional with Product Manager, Engineers and Designer to understand requirements, provide technical insights and provide timescale estimations.
- Collaborate closely with the Design team to ensure that the UI and UX is market leading.
- Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers in technology, process and methodologies.
- Work with the wider engineering team to enhance, document, and establish processes and generally improve the design and functionalities of the app.
- Champion new technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team.
What you will bring along
- You are a passionate, self-motivated engineer who has built iOS apps for the last 6 years.
- You have released and iterated on at least two apps in the App Store.
- You have experienced with Cocoa and Swift; and exposure to Android development and MVP design patterns.
- You have a strong understanding of how to design and interact with RESTful APIs.
- You will bring valuable experience on topics such as UI, concurrency, persistence and architectural approaches (MVC and MVVM).
- You have prior experience as a tech lead who has mentored, led small teams in building product features at scale.
- You are comfortable building processes, culture and organisations to help deliver best-in-class consumer-facing app.
- You have the ability to think holistically and also maintain focus on small intricate details is essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
- You are a great achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA with the desire to solve problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
- The salary range of this role is 49,000 - 55,000 € per annum depending on experience.
- 23 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off.
- Flexible working hours.
- You’ll be able to benefit from a work from home policy.
- Additional days to attend conferences and workshops when related to technology and/or events related with Tymit’s industry and sector.