As one of Europe’s fastest growing SaaS
startups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility by seamlessly
integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative
combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based applications offer
real-time insight into vehicle activity to reduce operational cost for
Vimcar already has connected 50,000+ cars (including customers like Allianz, Zalando, Deutsche Bahn, Ford and Adecco) and raised $20m+ from renowned VCs including Acton Capital, Coparion and UVC. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 90 employees from 15+ countries are working on our mission to build Europe´s leading fleet tech company.
With experience in iOS development (Swift and Objective-C), you are searching for an environment, where complex user problem's are tackled, new ideas are welcomed and quick progression is possible.
In the Tech Department, we are five independent, cross-functional engineering teams, divided into three areas: Application Engineering, Platform Engineering and Data Integrations. We work agile, applying the optimal methodology (Scrum or Kanban) depending on each team’s size and the products they own. You’ll join the Mobile team and will closely work together with our Android developers and product team to build our iOS application.
- You build advanced user interface applications for iOS based on our existing software architecture framework.
- In collaboration with a cross-functional team of designers and product owners, you maintain existing code but also define, design, implement and ship new features.
- You write unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- To maximise development efficiency, you continuously and proactively discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies.
- Released at least one app to the app store, having gained an understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Around 1 to 3 years of experience with both objective-C and Swift in a professional capacity
- Solid Experience with Cocoa Touch and the XCode IDE
- Good understanding in working with remote data via RESTful APIs using JSON
- Full working proficiency in English and a valid work permit for Germany
- (Bonus) Work experience with ReactiveSwift, ReactiveCocoa or CoreData
- (Bonus) Experience with Continuous Integration and writing Unit Tests
Everyone here at Vimcar is working towards our mission to disrupt fleet management. We support your professional growth and want you to succeed with us. We offer:
- A permanent full-time position in a successful, established StartUp with an international team where new ideas are welcome,
- Working in a small team of mobile engineers with flat hierarchies and a modern tech stack,
- We are operating in a fast-growth environment, allowing us to build products that are both innovative and built to last,
- Competitive salary, a company laptop, free language classes, and flexible working hours,
- A variety of company benefits to choose from like a gym membership or a subsidy to Berlin’s public transportation.