Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month: We are looking for a talented iOS developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones, watches and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be the development of iOS applications and their integration with backend services. You will be alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, if you have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and creation of quality products are essential we want to speak with you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Designing and building advanced applications for the iOS platform
Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
What you will need to be successful:
Proven working experience in shipping iOS applications
Have published one or more iPhone/iPad iOS apps in the App Store
Proficient with Swift, and Cocoa Touch
Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments and/or Shark
Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
Knack for benchmarking and optimization
Why you want this job:
• LoveToKnow brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
• LoveToKnow operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
• Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
• We have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
• You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing brand names on the net.
• Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
• LoveToKnow gives you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen etc.
• Room to self-organize your time.
• Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
• Recognition and rewards for excellent work.