Shipping is complex and online stores need solutions to compete globally. With our technology, you can improve the shipping experience of your customers and deliver a premium services.
Operating in 10 countries, our passion for getting shipping right means we support our customers every step of the way, making shipping simple and transparent
Our vision: to facilitate online shipping around the world
Our mission: helping online stores offer a great delivery experience.
Our values: making our inclusive and proactive company culture our core guide.
Earn it - Without trust, we can’t grow. We earn trust from our teammates, customers and partners through hard work and great results.
Do it - Act, accomplish, repeat—that’s how we achieve our shared vision. Our team doesn’t overthink it, we are simply shipping by simply thinking!
Live it - We’re at our best when we’re challenged, learning and having fun.
Organization and soft skills
- Ability to balance planned and reactive work using agile/lean practices and technical roadmaps
- Experience troubleshooting problems and collaborating with other teams on resolving production issues
- Passion for building well-functioning systems
- Awareness of the team goals and how to work towards them
- Ability to transform a complex problem into multiple simplified ones
- Team player
- Motivation about learning and sharing knowledge
- Mentoring other workmates to improve their technical skills
- T-Shaped mindset: motivation in learning about other transversal skills like software development
- Writing and communication skills
- You understand the architect term as a role, not as a title
- Strong Linux admin experience
- Experience in operations & on-call teams
- Strong experience building solutions on any of the major cloud providers (e.g.: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in Infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g.: Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Experience in configuration management tools (e.g.: Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong networking concepts (e.g.: firewall rules, load balancing, VPC & peerings, etc.)
- Strong experience in the Docker ecosystem
- Experience containerizing applications and tools
- Experience with any of the major container orchestration platforms (e.g.: Kubernetes, managed Kubernetes - EKS, GKE, etc.-, Docker Swarm, etc.)
- Experience developing pipelines with any of the major actors in the CI scene (e.g.: Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, Codeship, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring frameworks and tools (e.g.: Sensu, Nagios, Icinga)
- Experience in the administration & operation of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience administering web servers. (e.g.: Apache, Nginx)
- Familiarity with at least one high-level programming language. (e.g.: Python, Ruby, Golang)
- Experience in Continuous Delivery pipelines implementation
- An Infrastructure as code advocate
I'd be great if you:
- Concepts about observability, chaos engineering and resilient systems
- Experience with major actors in the APM scene. (e.g.: New Relic, Datadog, Honeycomb, Instana, etc.)
- Knowledge about benchmarking and performance testing
- Knowledge about network and systems security in distributed systems
- Experience with building tools (e.g.: Gradle, Maven, etc.)
- ✔️ Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: Mid from 42,000 to 49,000 / Senior from €50,000 to €57,000
- 📙 Personal Training Budget. Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance…) for investing in your professional development. We want to help you to improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community, and develop your soft skills in order to lead teams or manage other stakeholders.
- 🗺️ Languages classes on a weekly basis. Thirsty of knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy taking up a new language or improving your current skills with one of our great instructors.
- 📈 Engineering Career Path. A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers. You can check it in our blog (https://medium.com/packlinkeng/the-path-to-our-career-path-8781e4565ae3)
- 📖 Learning weekly initiatives. Share is caring, join us for our weekly Learning Meetings. Be the driver or the attendant, you choose!
- 💬 Be an active part of the tech community. Opportunity to attend and participate in local and international technological events. We are doing really cool things and we feel really proud to share them!
- 🏠 We are a remote-first company All team members at Packlink are remote employees. After COVID, you can decide if you want to work in the office 2 days a week or 3 days per quarter—it's up to you. We also cover your expenses for working from home (50€ per month/600€ per year).
- 💻 Everything you need to work from home. Whether you prefer Mac, Linux or Windows (or an additional screen or two), we set you up for success when working remotely.
- Referral Fee 🔗 We need your support in hiring top-class talent! We offer a referral bonus of 1k-3K, depending on the complexity of the role and the hiring process.
- 🏐 Health and Wellness: The well-being of our team is super important to us. Choose from different options that help you focus on your health:
- Gym membership or exercise classes (pilates, kick-boxing, etc.)—we’re happy to cover the cost!
- If you prefer private health insurance, we offer a great plan courtesy of our partner Sanitas.
- Last but not least, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- 🎂 Enjoy your Birthday Take your birthday off to celebrate!
- ⚖️ Great work-life balance We offer a flexible work schedule and will do our best to adapt to your personal situation. Working in a fast growth environment can be intense, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy your free time!
- 💜 An inclusive and upbeat work environment Leave your suit behind... we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place! More importantly, our company culture promotes diversity and inclusion. The personality and opinions of each of our team members are important and valid, and we aim to offer all employees a safe environment where they can be themselves and thrive.
- 🌍 A cross-cultural atmosphere We are a truly international team of 15 nationalities that speak 10 languages. Our company language is English and all internal communication and company-wide meetings are in English.
- 🏟️ Company events Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day, even at our regular team-building events. Everything is currently remote, but we’re looking forward to organising in-person company events once again in the near future!
- 💰 Flexible Salary We work with Cobee on a flexible compensation plan for transport, restaurants and kindergarten so our employees can save on personal income tax.