Are you passionate about privacy and security? (Keep your answer private for now).
Typeform helps people collect data with engaging, friendly forms. And we know that protecting that data is incredibly important—for us and our customers. We were saddened when someone attacked and compromised some of our customers’ data recently. So we want to respond quickly and effectively.
That’s why we’re looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to build, improve, and maintain the security of our platform.
Here’s Alejandro, our Security Architect:
“This is a great opportunity for someone to launch new projects and train others in the company. We want to really strengthen our security culture here at Typeform.”
You’ll protect our cloud computing environments, and build new security controls to ensure our customer data remains fully protected. You’ll share your knowledge with other teams and help them best practices.
Can you solve problems with skilled programming? Can you juggle and prioritize tasks in a fast-changing environment? Do you know your Sumologic from your Splunk?
If yes, yes, and yes—we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Define security requirements for any system, service, or integration needed by Typeform.
- Consult, evangelize, and teach product teams how to protect their assets.
- Build automated tools and bots for incident response, and vulnerability management.
- Implement data protection and data loss prevention capabilities across the organization.
- Ensure platform software is secure, including third party vulnerabilities, licensing, secret management, containers security, etc.
- Perform security assessments, vulnerability management, security metrics, and strategy definition.
- Participate in triage meetings with engineers to prioritize vulnerabilities based on risk.
- Review and respond to customer security questionnaires, information requests, due diligence requests, and customer calls.
- Train others to promote information privacy and security awareness within the company.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You can demonstrate your hands-on experience in security engineering.
- You have experience with web apps like REST APIs, Microservices Oriented Architectures, OAuth, and all their risks.
- You have experience in cloud security using AWS or any other cloud provider.
- You have good knowledge about how technology like AV, IPS, and WAF works. You know about TCP/IP, routing protocols, and common network services.
- You have experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools such as Veracode, Synopsis, Checkmarx, and SonarQube.
- You’ve used SIEM solutions such as Sumologic or Splunk.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- You speak English.
- You can multitask and prioritize work in an environment that changes fast.
- You’re all about the team. Go team. You also leave space for a bit of fun.
- You can influence key stakeholders.
- You think about business needs and you’re committed to high-quality, fast, and efficient delivery.
And for some added bonus points:
- Security certifications such as CISSP, SANS GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE or anything cloud-related would be a major plus.
- You know about standards and regulations such as ISO 27001, Hipaa, PCI, GDPR, European Cookie Law, and CSA-STAR.
- You’re particularly interested in privacy.
- You’ve worked on an open source security project and have been to security conferences / meetups.
- You’ve worked in a startup.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.