At Flyt, we believe that the way venues (serving food & drinks) acquire customers is perfectly suited for a world that no longer exists. Users have moved on to apps on their phones, home delivery services, and will soon tap into some real crazy possibilities with technology. The good folks at Venues know it's absolutely possible to get customers this way, but installing tech and using it takes months, if not years to get setup and running. And, that's not what they do. It's broken. We must fix it.
We are building - what we call - "The Hub", a universal integration platform for the hospitality industry, that seamlessly connects venues serving food and drinks to the 1000s of apps that customers love, all through One Universal Award Winning API. From that, we will build the second act of our vision - a marketplace - where services and venues get to work together, in minutes not months, so installing technology is made easy. So they both get more customers.
We work with leading hospitality operators and consumer platforms including Nando’s, Mitchells and Butlers, PizzaExpress, Just Eat, Uber Eats, Facebook and more to enable solutions in thousands of venues across the UK (and soon, the US).
How you can contribute
We want to hear from creative and capable engineers who love solving problems.
What will make you a great fit.
- You are obsessed with shipping product to customers. Your code is great - that’s table-stakes. You know that what really matters is putting product in front of customers and how they end up (or not) using it. You crave the rhythm of a startup (shipping daily, several times a day). You know that code quality, code reviews, and testing exist in service of what gets put in front of customers and are not something we we do just because. At heart, you're a geek, about what you do and who you do it with. You love reading, learning and leveling-up on everything code and software engineering related.
- You fix things when they're broken. You feel downright uncomfortable when you spot something that isn't great yet.
- You love working with difficult things and making them sing. Sometimes we work with POS from the 1930s and we have to work out how we will integrate it and make it awesome.
- You often get inspired by ideas and start personal projects so you learn new technology or build the next big thing.
- You are excited about the what we do.
- You have an "eye for design" - e.g. you can build a screen from Zeplin / Sketch and adjust accordingly.
- You have worked professionaly in an agile environment, with cross functional teams.
- 4+ Years Experience, amongst which, you worked in other startups
- London, UK Based
Our tech stack:
- Great to Excellent at Building RESTful Services (PHP or Node)
Our current PHP application powers both our API and POS integration layers and, at the moment, makes up the majority of our development effort. Recently we have introduced some Golang and NodeJS services as we break this monolithic API into slimmer micro services. We don't require that you're a PHP ninja, but you must be willing to pick up code written in that programming language (or at the very least, be willing to learn).
Other recent projects we've run have included: modelling POS communication using a stream of events using AWS Kinesis and Node JS Serverless Lambda Functions, a migration from AWS EC2 to Kubernetes and site reliability work to ensure we can scale our flagship products inline with our current growth.
What we offer:
- We don't believe in providing competitive salaries. So we pay Top of Market for the right people. This is not to say we're competitive. We're not. We're just a bunch of smart people wanting to work with even smarter people. The salary band for this role (depending on your experience) is £60k - £85k.
- A great working environment with a ping pong table, bar (serving beer/cider) and breakout areas.
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Working in a fast growing company with global expansion plans.
- Flexible working hours and a work from home policy.
- Personal MacBook Pro (to setup the way you work best)
- Regular office events including weekly yoga and other sports.
- Cycle to work scheme – www.cyclescheme.co.uk.
Take a look into our Instagram account to get an insight into our day to day life.
legal boring stuff: We hire the best people based on an evaluation of
their abilities and effectiveness. We don’t discriminate against
employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any
classification protected by the Equality Act 2010.