byrd is a logistics start-up which aims to make shipping a simple and effortless experience.
Fulfillment warehouses and online sellers suffer from old and outdated software that is unintuitive and hard to use. We want to change that by using state of the art technology to disrupt the European logistics industry!
We built a platform that connects multiple partner warehouses with E-commerce online shops. This logistic network helps our customers to ship more efficiently than ever before and enables them to provide the same high quality service such as online giants like Amazon or Zalando.
byrd was founded in 2016, is a successful startup with real customers, and we’re looking for your help to support us in growing further!
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you will
- Collaborate ‒ within a small but highly-skilled team to fundamentally change the way people think about logistics software.
- Design ‒ simple solutions to complex problems, with a high degree of freedom, from start to finish.
- Develop ‒ robust, tested, and scalable code across the stack, which you and your colleagues enjoy working on.
- Improve ‒ microservices, APIs and our customer dashboards
- Lead ‒ champion best-practices and encourage knowledge sharing.
- 3+ years of industry experience in web development, including at least 1 year using Python. You are a true champion, fearless and ready to conquer anything which stands in your way.
- You can own tasks: working independently to solve problems – from planning and modelling, through to developing APIs and user interfaces.
- Good knowledge of frontend frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.
- A test believer. Tests are an everyday occurrence for you, not an afterthought or chore.
- Past experience of working in agile teams, using continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Humility. We appreciate constructive criticism and are not afraid to employ it.
- Strong communication skills. (English required, German an asset)
- You’re eligible to work in the EU (on-site in Berlin).
Experience with these would be a plus
- Heroku, AWS, or similar cloud platform
- Life in a startup
Tech we use
- Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy)
- Angular & NgRx
- Heroku & AWS
Some perks we offer
Naturally, you can expect the “Standard Berlin Start-Up Perk Package”. Flexible working hours, a calm and productive environment, and the possibility to take home office if needed. We will of course provide fresh fruit and snacks, coffee and the obligatory Mate (yes, we have a variety).
Besides these standard goodies we support your personal and professional growth with an attractive training budget, a free Urban Sports Club membership and various team activities. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well rested.
But let’s be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. Our tech team is not a “feature factory” – we offer meaningful tasks, which have a direct impact on the company and its customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of skilled and professional engineers and managers. As we are a results driven company we encourage smart, rather than hard, work.