ABOUT THE POSITION
The ideal candidate is a self-driven problem solver with a desire to contribute to building user-friendly software in an exciting, fast-growing startup environment.
You will be working closely with the CTO and the rest of the development team following agile methodologies. This will involve directly developing FUSION, AKTEK's flagship software product, built on MERN stack using MongoDB, Docker and other technologies.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- More than 4 years of experience as Full stack developer on the MERN Stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS).
- More than 2 years of experience of administrating Linux (Ubuntu) servers.
- Solid understand of basic Git principles.
- Solid understanding of SQL and No-SQL Databases (MongoDB).
- Comfortable working with back-end API and data integration such as GIS (ArcGIS), Salesforce, Google API, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Python and Ruby on Rails.
- Strong command of English language, ability to work with remote teams.
- Autonomous and interested in self-growth.
- Willingness to travel periodically for short-term assignments on client sites around the world.
Important Note: This position is structured as a full-time, indefinite consultancy contract with AKTEK Limited in London, UK. It includes competitive salary and benefits such as European-grade paid holiday allowance as well as sick days. That said, the successful hire would need to invoice monthly to the UK firm and be responsible for his/her income tax and other government deductions as dictated by his/her place of residence.